What's new

Weird Hammer-UPDATE!

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's 8'' long . There are some bits stored in the handle . The word PATENTED is on the nose . The drill bits are broken - they go in the end hole - on the hammer head . Anyone ever seen one of these ? Any info will be greatly appreciated !

mojjax
 

Attachments

  • Picture 005 (5).webp
    Picture 005 (5).webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,725
  • Picture 006.webp
    Picture 006.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,295
  • Picture 007 (2).webp
    Picture 007 (2).webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,299
  • Picture 009 (2).webp
    Picture 009 (2).webp
    26 KB · Views: 1,309
Re: Weird Hammer

bradyboy said:
Im guessing its a horse tacking tool, drills for drilling out the hole for the nails in the hoof to hold horse shoes, hammer for the shoe nails, other end of hammer for pulling shoe nails to pull old shoe nails

No drills needed to nail on horseshoes. Just the hammer.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Weird Hammer

I started cleaning the hammerhead and I found words under the black stuff - ''Made In Germany'' . I have not received any response from the roseantiquetools.com people yet . Seems like it has nickle or chrome plating finish , a magnet sticks to every part the tool .
 

Attachments

  • Picture 001.webp
    Picture 001.webp
    31 KB · Views: 891
Upvote 0
Re: Weird Hammer

I have no clue what it is and I have given up the search. Regardless it is pretty damn cool whatever it is.javascript:void(0);
 
Upvote 0
Re: Weird Hammer

mojjax said:
I started cleaning the hammerhead and I found words under the black stuff - ''Made In Germany'' . I have not received any response from the roseantiquetools.com people yet . Seems like it has nickle or chrome plating finish , a magnet sticks to every part the tool .
I would think the manufacturers name would be on it somewhere.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Weird Hammer

I don't think that's just "black stuff" on the hammer. I think that may be some of the original finish left. I wouldn't remove it!

Buckleboy
 
Upvote 0
Re: Weird Hammer

BuckleBoy said:
I don't think that's just "black stuff" on the hammer. I think that may be some of the original finish left. I wouldn't remove it!

Buckleboy
It might be original but it looks like someone just painted it black. I dont think the manufacturer would nickel plate it and paint over. Dont scratch it, use paint remover. (if you decide its not original).
 
Upvote 0
Re: Weird Hammer

Try calling a guy named Harris he works at a college but he deals in old hand tools 1-802-897-8625 Middleburg,Va

cool hammer hope you find out more about it ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: Weird Hammer

I got this E-mail today from Diggumup's link ! I will try to send them some pictures this weekend -


Hello Mojjax ,

We are getting ready to do our next round of reader-submitted Mystery Tools and would like to include yours. If it’s possible, could you e-mail me a high-resolution image of the tool? This would ensure a high quality printing in the magazine. Please let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Matthew

--
Matthew Pioro
Associate Editor
Canadian Home Workshop Magazine
25 Sheppard Ave. W., Suite 100
Toronto, ON., M2N 6S7
p: 416.733.7600 ext. 4456
f: 416.227.8298
http://www.canadianhomeworkshop.com/
 
Upvote 0
hamdriller --drillammer what whould you even call it? :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Awesome! Somebody will solve this Whatzit--even if it ain't us. :wink: :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
That is a really cool tool, but don't clean it up!
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a miners tool the drill bits go in top, the handle obviously tuns the bit some sort of trade that required lots of hammering and drilling.See any lettering on it anywhere?
 
Upvote 0
Awesome find, good luck with the publication.

fccdfed
 
Upvote 0
Another fascinating find - well done mojjax. :thumbsup:

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Looks like 1870-1880 Ronco. "But thats not all folks, I'll double your order if you telegraph now." :wink:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom