Weird new problem with replies

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
OK so the past couple of days nearly every time I reply to a post as soon as I hit the reply button after typing my post I first get a box that pops up and asks me if I want to stay on the current page or leave it ? Then no matter which I choose I get a new message that says it's a duplicate of a post I just made ? I have to hit refresh and when it finally takes me to the page there is only 1 post from me. I'm certainly not new here and not doing anything different than I ever have so what's the deal ? NSA monitoring all my posts ? Admins ? Aliens ? Weird stuff.... :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• Aliens.jpg
    Aliens.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 194

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yup....me too.
Jim

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been doing it to me too, and again this morning.

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here. It does not do it all the time for me just intermittently.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaah Yes not always but same here as far as the Message if I want to stay on the current page or leave it I choose to leave.

it usually doesn't take me out, But still posts my post & it doesn't Double. If I choose to stay it doesn't post my post.

I don't get the new message that says it's a duplicate of a post I just made. I'll send a link to this thread to admin.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also if I hit Edit
on a post like this with spaces

choose.jpg

everything Scrunches up like this lately

edit.jpg

OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Seems to be an intermittent problem. I don't get the double post message everytime and I've never had it actually post my comments twice.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I just now got the first message on my other thread response

leave.jpg

but a few seconds after I clicked leave it posted & I didn't leave the thread

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you want to stay/leave on this page comes up when I post. I choose leave. Then it posts and I find my way back.
O.K. its fixed now. l.o.l..
Did it again.I took option of leave this page, to allow it to post,then it shows error of needing to wait to post.(on Crispins Critters thread.)But it posted it and by hitting active topics I acquired list of threads.

Last edited:

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get that only when I forget to check the box that says "stay logged in" or something like that when I sign in, FYI, I stay logged in for weeks and months at a time and do not have that issue when I check the box...

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's happened to me a couple times but another problem I'm having is not getting my notifications??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

veraderock

Jan 31, 2012
Detector(s) used
sense of smell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's happened to me a couple times but another problem I'm having is not getting my notifications?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi wvplug,
I've checked your subscriptions and they aren't set with a notification type.. It's currently set to "None". To update this, go to view your subscription list, check the boxes beside each and change the dropdown menu "Selected Threads" to set the type of notification you'd like. Here's a direct link to your list of subscriptions:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

veraderock

Jan 31, 2012
Detector(s) used
sense of smell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't reproduce any problems with popups asking if I'm sure I want to leave the page at the moment, how often is it happening? I know it will warn about that if you attempt to leave the page after starting a post without finishing it first. I'm not experiencing it while posting at the moment though.

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I no more than posted that reply and got a notification. You must have fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't reproduce any problems with popups asking if I'm sure I want to leave the page at the moment, how often is it happening? I know it will warn about that if you attempt to leave the page after starting a post without finishing it first. I'm not experiencing it while posting at the moment though.

not every time.
for me it seems to happen
when I spend a little extra time composing my post

but sill not every time

bill crane

Greenie
Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try closing one eye when you post it works for the drive home!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It just did it to me again.... On the thread: Mmmmmm.....juicy lead

I posted about a cache I looked for and never found. When I clicked to submit it, that "Leave or Stay" message came up. I clicked to "Leave", and it posted my response twice. So, I deleted the second one, and immediately came here to write this post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions