Weirdness

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Yesterday I hunted a few sidewalk corner tearups, but didn't find anything....except for a strong quarter signal I got in the grass right *near* the sidewalk tearup that I just had to dig. It turned out to be a 1988 quarter--with a 1956 wheatie sandwiched to it's side. (no pic) Obviously someone in 1956 was counterfitting 1988 quarters.

Tonight I had about an hour to hunt, so I wandered around aimlessly for awhile, then found a weird spot that I just had to try. I hunted it for about a half hour, maybe 45 minutes.

I'm curious if anyone can guess where I might have found these or at least what kind of spot I was hunting?

The keepers were a 1950-S wheat, a 1919-S wheat, and some square nails. They were in the downtown Portland area, on public property. They were NOT in a park, or in a sidewalk strip. They were NOT in a construction site, yet the square nails were on the surface, and the 1919 wheat was less than a half inch deep. The 1950 wheat was about an inch deep. I'm sure there is probably more there. There was a ton of junk that I did not show you.

Any guesses? heheh

I love hunting the weird spots no one else thinks of hunting.

Attachments

• 071506.jpg
    071506.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 656
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread