Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

MitchellB

Feb 3, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all from a newbie treasure hunter from central NC. This forum looked like l could learn a lot from everyone here about my new hobby I am about to get into and decided to join. Thank you

cwilly74

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all....I am fairly new to MDing. I got my Lone Star about a year ago and have hit every park and school in the local area. Have found mostly coins, nothing spectacular but i havent given up by any means. I have looked over this forum and site for a little bit and think it will come in very handy....

Coureur de Bios

Feb 5, 2013
NW Lower Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Been metal detecting for about 40 years. Started with Jetco Mustang ($29.95), upgraded to a slightly larger Jetco, went to a Bounty Hunter when it became apparent that discrimination was important and have been very satisfied with a Whites XLT for a number of years now. Just waiting for this Michigan snow to melt to get started again.

zag

Feb 3, 2013
lincoln city,OR
Detector(s) used
FIRST METAL DETECTOR,GARRETT ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everyone im new to oregon and to metal detecting im being told EVERYWHERE is off limits state parks,national forest ,department of land management all tell me i cant metal detect what can i do? and where can i go besides the beach to metal detect.I live in lincoln city oregon and feel stuck any information would be great thank you

Feb 6, 2013
Con8
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Geetings all, I am a noob here and do not join many interweb groups but found you all and thought I may have some knowledge and skills that may be useful here. I welcome any technical Q's about SW Oklahoma's geography, maps and access to certain areas that are mentioned several times on this forum.

Last edited:

dar24me

Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm new to this site. I haven't metal detected in years and I want to get started again. I live in Va. in an area surrounded by Civil War Battlefields. I've lived in the area for many years and have decided to return to metal detecting.

KnightQuest

Feb 7, 2013
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone I'm from Long Beach NY, but currently in the Catskill Mtns. because of Sandy. I have been metal Detecting for 3 yrs. now and love it. Just found this site and look forward to making good conversations and learn as well.

LilBulldogJunior

Feb 8, 2013
Croatia
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2000,Garret ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello guys, I am a new member. from Croatia...looking foward to exchange our treasure hunting experiance. greetings

Neila

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello hunters!
Just joined this month.
I would like to see if anyone has had any luck in New Mexico. I know there are legends about tons of buried gold there, but I'm interested in other artifacts. Rocks, coins, Native American artifacts, etc.

If anyone has any photos of their finds. I would love to see them. Please post! Thanks & glad to be here!

nfldad

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2013
Nampa, ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow hunters, new here from Idaho, hoping to get a md this year, maybe try panning...

Monkey Junk

Feb 9, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all!

New to the hunt from Alabama. Happy to be here!

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Bounty hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett pro pointer, Garrett AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi every one new to all this my wife felt i needed a hobby so she told me to go find some thing I want to do. I always wanted to do this. I am sort a retired Navy not in the navy just working on 20 plus years of honey do's. So I am looking for a good metal detector mid price range I plan on using it at the ocean the most, I also would like it to be a good all around one too for land use and lakes. if any one here can point me in the right direction please.
Thank you

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your Welcome:occasion14: pirates.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread