Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an alleged Welsh fort in Charlestown, Indiana. Right on the banks of the Ohio river. A.K.A Devils Backbone. Madoc ab Owain Gwynedd. It is also believed they partnered with the Natives in Ohio.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an alleged Welsh fort in Charlestown, Indiana. Right on the banks of the Ohio river. A.K.A Devils Backbone. Madoc ab Owain Gwynedd. It is also believed they partnered with the Natives in Ohio.

Yes the location is where Fourteen mile Creek meets the Ohio River, it is above the Falls of the Ohio (Louisville), it was an amusement park in the early 20th century called Rose Island. The cliff above is where the fort was located, a commanding point for a fort over the Ohio River, the whole area is part of Charlestown Park now.

When pioneers were first settling KY there were several instances of hunters stumbling across what they called 'ancient furnaces' along creeks. If those were Swift workings they would not have been called ancient...

Last edited:

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might be confirmation then I guess.

If you watch that video and then search Youtube for Alan Wilson and King Arthur you'll find yourself down a rabbit hole.....just a warning, it will take you to a place where you will question most of what you were taught about history.

OP
OP
K

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
If you watch that video and then search Youtube for Alan Wilson and King Arthur you'll find yourself down a rabbit hole.....just a warning, it will take you to a place where you will question most of what you were taught about history.

NO it wont make me question what I was taught in school. I know for a fact they only taught what they wanted you to believe. Right or Wrong that's what school is all about. It's things you learn that isn't taught in school that give you wisdom.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, school is all about teaching kids WHAT to think, and not teaching them HOW to think. God forbid they learn how to use deductive reasoning or have independent thought...no, they must learn how they 'feel' and not how they 'think'. Its those cookie cutter mental factories they call schools that slowly dumb down society one generation after another...each ill informed generation teaching the next.

Sorry venting....

Last edited:

uni

Dec 12, 2014
NW Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KY Hiker; Your're right, we have an educational that can educate/indoctrinate an idiot but cannot teach them to think! Research and common sense can lead detectorists to find clues to real history, even if it is only local. By the way, sometime back I read about a detectorist who found 3rd-4th century Roman ruins in situ with Indian relics of the same time period in mid KY. Whatever has come of these finds?

OP
OP
K

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
Today, school is all about teaching kids WHAT to think, and not teaching them HOW to think. God forbid they learn how to use deductive reasoning or have independent thought...no, they must learn how they 'feel' and not how they 'think'. Its those cookie cutter mental factories they call schools that slowly dumb down society one generation after another...each ill informed generation teaching the next.

Sorry venting....

Never apologies for the truth !!! They have been that way for a long time and most people just don't realize it.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KY Hiker; Your're right, we have an educational that can educate/indoctrinate an idiot but cannot teach them to think! Research and common sense can lead detectorists to find clues to real history, even if it is only local. By the way, sometime back I read about a detectorist who found 3rd-4th century Roman ruins in situ with Indian relics of the same time period in mid KY. Whatever has come of these finds?

It probably got dumped into the OOPART (Out Of Place Artifact) warehouse somewhere and put into unmarked crates!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a web site that had great information that the Lost City of Atlantis was in Kentucky? I do not know what happened to it? It was mentioned on this forum somewhere?

Screenshot_2018-11-07 Atlantis in Kentucky, North America, Solomon Mines in Kentucky, undergroun.png

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Filson touched on a lot of things that this hardened researcher has been finding. Good someone followed up

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a web site that had great information that the Lost City of Atlantis was in Kentucky? I do not know what happened to it? It was mentioned on this forum somewhere?

View attachment 1649884

That sounds a bit far fetched, not sure what part of KY fits the description of Atlantis...especially the part where it sank under the ocean? My guess is the web site got scrubbed ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread