KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much of that stuff is sold to private collectors??

In this day and age, if it was an official dig none of it. If it happened in the 1970s or earlier it could have...many Indian artifacts sit in basements all over this state by private creek walkers/diggers from the 70s on back. Most museums only display 10% or less of what they have and rotate it, over 50% of their items never make it to the displays at all. Its a matter of quality and if it fits their theme of the display, also many duplicates of more common items, sometimes display space is also a factor.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds a bit far fetched, not sure what part of KY fits the description of Atlantis...especially the part where it sank under the ocean? My guess is the web site got scrubbed ...

No that website is still up and running. That is where I got the screenshot. I would have gotten the link but I am unable to do that yet?

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atlantis worshiped the bull....the snake reminds me of Central and South America. If you read the translated texts of Plato, called Timaeus and Critias, (the only known references to Atlantis) about Atlantis, it sank because of the peoples loss of morals. KY is 100% above sea level. Stone artifacts are very interesting finds to be in KY just the same though. If nothing else they are OOPArts.
If there was an Atlantis, it probably met with destruction by an asteroid or comet strike, maybe even the same bombardment that created the Carolina Bays which are crater like oblong or tear drop shaped divots along the Eastern coastal plain including parts of GA, SC, NC and VA. These were probably the result of a break up of a larger object that entered the Earth's atmosphere some 10-15,000 years ago, others claim many 100s of thousands of years ago.
for a brief description....warning...rabbit hole!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_bay

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it has been proven that Atlantis is off of the northwest tip of Africa. The people of Atlantis did have merchants on the high seas and most likely in what later became the USA. But a lot of things could have made Atlantis sink. Look cities all over the world that are going under water. Some have been found at a depth of 60 or more feet and some in the hundreds of feet. I do believe there were survivors of Atlantis, some went to South America, the Mayans, some to North America, the Cherokee and Cheyenne. And some went to Egypt and other coastal countries around Africa.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, why do you think Mayans, Cherokee, Cheyenne, etc., were Atlantians?

OP
OP
K

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the subject of craters and Atlantis sinking has come up , take a good long look at the Gulf of Mexico and think of what made a crater like that. Could Atlantis been sunk when what ever made a crater that big ?

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, why do you think Mayans, Cherokee, Cheyenne, etc., were Atlantians?

The Mayans built temples and pyramids similar to the Egyptian Pyramids. The Mound builder Indians were from Atlantis whether Cheyenne or Cherokee later I do not know? But the Cherokee were always known as the educated or civilized Indians and the Cheyenne Indians have a blood type that is compatible with any other blood type. Just a few things.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and all this has what to do with the Welsh in North America? All of this is speculation, no real proof has been presented and facts are yet to be determined. I agree these things are possible but throwing ideas around in this thread is like pissin' in the wind...someone's bound to get piss'd on and others piss'd off.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mayans built temples and pyramids similar to the Egyptian Pyramids. The Mound builder Indians were from Atlantis whether Cheyenne or Cherokee later I do not know? But the Cherokee were always known as the educated or civilized Indians and the Cheyenne Indians have a blood type that is compatible with any other blood type. Just a few things.

Interesting...thanks, franklin

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and all this has what to do with the Welsh in North America? All of this is speculation, no real proof has been presented and facts are yet to be determined. I agree these things are possible but throwing ideas around in this thread is like pissin' in the wind...someone's bound to get piss'd on and others piss'd off.

I apologize for getting a bit off topic. I really don't think there is anything wrong with discussing theories, because that's just what they are, SWAG. I as well, will believe one of these theories when good sound evidence is presented.

Mother Superior

Jan 18, 2017
Quebec city
Primary Interest:
Other
I apologize for getting a bit off topic. I really don't think there is anything wrong with discussing theories, because that's just what they are, SWAG. I as well, will believe one of these theories when good sound evidence is presented.

Amen. Nobody claims to hold the thruth here. It's impossible to move forward in any field if you don't come forward with theories. IMHO as long as there is nothing that either proves or discredits said theories, discussing them is absolutely fair game.

OP
OP
K

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other

We was discussing Geology and lost civilizations !!! As for speculation, I'm not so sure Swift isn't the same, Still waiting on hard evidence. Who's to say that any of the directions or maps will ever lead to Swift silver mine. And it sounds as someone is already piss'd..

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My two cents, Near Chillicothe Ohio close to "knockemstiff"..(no kidding there is a very small community there with that name) there is an abnormality built by the Welsh or Vikings it was a fort and is listed in the Ancient Monuments of the Mississippi Valley by Squire and Davis on page IV, Ancient Stone Work near Bourneville.. has about 140 acres, was enclosed by huge stone walls 9 feet high. About 5,000 Indians attacked and killed all of them because they were enslaving and eating the local Indians, I found a silver strip mine area way back in the woods that had been done a long time ago..by them or maybe Indians. The old farmer near there has a rock that looks cone like, that the Smithsonian said they fired cut saplings fitted with these stones on a huge crossbow like device...Smithsonian found remains of metal armor belonging to Vikings. Near there is a huge boat landing 100 feet up on a hill, paved with stones. So the welch/Vikings were here.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indian Joseph had a map of their first location down on the South Fork of the Cumberland River where Chief Doublehead and his daughter Princess Cornblossom lived. A Thomas Beale lived just south of the Chief's property. Indian Joseph map said they lived there in 1296 AD

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indian Joseph had a map of their first location down on the South Fork of the Cumberland River where Chief Doublehead and his daughter Princess Cornblossom lived. A Thomas Beale lived just south of the Chief's property. Indian Joseph map said they lived there in 1296 AD

I'm confused, who lived where in 1296? Welsh, Vikings or Doublehead?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm confused, who lived where in 1296? Welsh, Vikings or Doublehead?

The Welsh lived there. South of where Chief Doublehead lived later in the late 1700 to early 1800's. Thomas Beale of the Indian Ocean fame lived at the time where the Welsh had lived in 1296.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread