Went on a mission today... it paid off

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the result of my mission from this morning.

0NACo.jpg

I woke up this morning and had a real itch for some silver. I decided to do a bank tour around my town. I mapped out the banks I wanted to go to, and asked them for customer wrapped coins if at all possible, otherwise I would snag up as many dime rolls as they were willing to sell me. When I was done, I went to dump bank #1 to drop all the coins off. First bank, 1 silver dime, next two banks were skunk rolls, dump bank#1 had 2 silver dimes and a silver quarter in the reject tray, next pickup bank had a 1968 40% silver half dollar, all rolls were skunks, final pickup bank had 1 silver dime out of a $250 box of dimes, and final dump bank had nothing for me. It was definitely quite an involved hunt, but in the end it was worth it.

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver quarters are sweet. I have none in over a year of CRHing (I don't search them tho). I saw one in a teller tray once, but he wouldn't sell it to me. Nice finds!

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only silver quarters I am finding are in the reject tray tube at the bottom of the coin counter at my bank. 3 in less then a month, and on a fairly consistent basis. Teller are becoming pretty aware of silver from my experience, or at least several I have come across know what's up, and won't give up their silver if they have any. Today, the teller wanted the "gold" half dollar, and said I could have the other one. The gold one was a 1995 gold plated half dollar, the other one was a 1968 40% silver.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only silver quarters I am finding are in the reject tray tube at the bottom of the coin counter at my bank. 3 in less then a month, and on a fairly consistent basis. Teller are becoming pretty aware of silver from my experience, or at least several I have come across know what's up, and won't give up their silver if they have any. Today, the teller wanted the "gold" half dollar, and said I could have the other one. The gold one was a 1995 gold plated half dollar, the other one was a 1968 40% silver.
Sounds like she knows her Stuff *fart sound, and a thumbs down*

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
That 1968 looks dug. Bet some detectorist dosent know 40%

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread