Went to Rich Hill today

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a day off so decided to head out to Rich Hill, near Congress Az today on some of the Weaver claims...got pounded by some rain for a couple hrs..not enough to fill up the creeks but enough to make it muddy with a couple panning holes..I poked around with my detector for a bit and finally decided to search the creek bed..2nd pan in had 2 decent sized little flakes and about 10 or so specs of fine gold..I worked the same spot for about 2 hours and most of my pans looked about the same. Didn't have enough water to run my highbanker and move a lot of dirt but I feel pretty good about the spot..I probably had 15 or some moderate to small pans I ran..and came home with a bucket of dirt to run later from the same spot..just glad to get out there and see some color!

Not impressive by some people's standards but I think I'm going to hit the same spot again with my highbanker and try to run about a yard of dirt.. Some of these flakes were decent size..not quite a picker but big enough to get me excited, and it was consistent almost every pan had at least one flake and several fines! Hope to find some of those nuggets ! Here's a pic of the bigger ones from today ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444192291.695672.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which ever way adds up the fastest is good with me.

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Cube, Royal Mini Highbanker, Angus Mackirk sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am heading to little San Damingo to hopefully try my new dry washer (dumb Luck claim) will the dirt be dry enough you think

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure about Little S.D. Shaker but I know that there ain't nobody gonna be doing any drywashing around here for a week or two. Heard the Phoenix areas got it even worse than we did.

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Cube, Royal Mini Highbanker, Angus Mackirk sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GI Yes I know I did too. Every time we get a good rain a few days later I head up there and it pretty much is dry. I dont understand it. Id worse comes to worse I will just prospect soem new areas.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anywhere that has the name "rich" sounds like a good place to dig to me!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
S

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I was happy to find gold in my 2nd pan of the day..I'm starting to get a nose for it..

OP
OP
S

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of all the places I have been I always get excited the most about the rich hill area..it obviously has big potential..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread