What's new

were are the best places to hunt coins,using metal detector, And why?

Re: were are the best places to hunt,using metal detector, And why?

I think it depends on what you are trying to find. I wouldn't search the drive-in for war relic.
 
In the ground comes to mind as any place people have been they have lost things :thumbsup:
 
like a pervious member said on what you seek depends where u search I'm looking for modern change only or now and lead so the beach and tot lots
 
i know where the hotspots are.
but its always interesting to go out into the middle of knowhere , like the woods
and here that ace 250 ping..........

its amazing the stuff thats out there.
 
I with you Tommyd....thats my all time favorite. No trash, pulltabs garbage....well, some isolated...but boy when you get a tone out in the woods...some great, cool stuff out there....isnt much signs that just maybe an old hobo hang out, lumber camp long gone, the guys that cut all them trees had coins, the miners had coins, the guys that built the rr's all had coins....sit down, lean against a tree...a coin slips out....
Al
 
I love hunting old fair grounds, the woods, and nugget hunting. I'm just getting into the nugget hunting and I'm having a blast.
 
I found a place that was heavily used from the mid 30s to 1970, the bridge washed out and they never rebuilt it I havent got to hunt it yet but its on my list. Its and old park :)
Dave
 
churchyards and graveyards older the better the ones unkept in the woods are creepy really who throws trash on holy ground p.s. if God shows up you better leave happened to me once weather turned on a dime also football and baseball fields are good for jewelry good luck
 
Definitely not where I found these.
 

Attachments

  • S_silver.webp
    S_silver.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 136
Banks..

Just think where your most likely to lose something...

Old sidewalk tear outs is one good one...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Just turn it on and start walking as many here will agree there's $$$ everywhere. You have to learn a machine before it pay's off.
 
Just for coins, any place people have gathered. I have pretty good luck in places where drunks have been camping.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom