What About The Garrett Infinium For gold Prospecting?

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
To Nuggetshooter
I think the Infinium has all the coils most people will ever need. For nugget shooting, the 8 inch Mono is the most popular, the 10X14 MONO
for larger nuggets and the 10X14 DD for extreme ground balancing, though very few areas would ever require it. The above coils are also
waterproof to 200 foot depth. Be aware that the smalller coils, 3x7 and 5x8 coils are not recommended for water use, they won't handle the
pressure of diving.
The call for larger coils for the Infinium mostly is from Australian Hunters looking for Monster Nuggets a little deeper. Of course that would
eliminate some of the smaller nuggets.
You will like the Infinium.
Rich

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I understand why the 3x7 and the 5x8 arn't for scuba diving, but can you take them in shallow water, wading depth, like the typical Tesoro or Whites coils?

To Nuggetshooter
Be aware that the smalller coils, 3x7 and 5x8 coils are not recommended for water use, they won't handle the
pressure of diving.
Rich

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I understand why the 3x7 and the 5x8 arn't for scuba diving, but can you take them in shallow water, wading depth, like the typical Tesoro or Whites coils?

I have used both in up to three feet of water without problems. Not making any promises for anyone else however!

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
I don't have either coil, I am just going on Garrett's say so for diving, but I would use them on shallow water if it was
up to me. They are just not solidly epoxy filled like most diving coils.
Rich

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my GBII and my Infinium up to an old mining area north of Albuquerque today. My GBII was useless there, as the black sands completely saturated the ground! But my Infinium had no problem with that at all! The gold in the area is primarily micro gold, so I didn't find any nuggets, but did find very small and eroded antique nails.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey UncleMatt, glad to hear that at least somebody is getting out to play and I'm also glad that you were not completely Skunked, I mean you got some nails at least.

Interesting how the heavy mineralization blanked out the GBII. I heard of a fella having a similar problem on a mountain, I recall in Alaska, that had a heavy iron content in the rock and that blanked out his GMT. Blankety blankin metal anyway! More success another time!!....................63bkpkr

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found a cool Australian website, the company is called Pulsemate: Metal detector coils and accessories. They make aftermarket coils for Minelab PI units, Whites GMT, Teknetics T2, Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett Infinium, C-Scope CS-6 and CS-4, and Tesoro Lobo & Gold Demon detectors.

Several things got my attention, first my search was for aftermarket Infinium coils, and of course found it! I haven't called them, but it looks like they are going to in in production mode later this year. Second thing that caught my attention was they make coils for three of my detectors, the GMT, the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, and the Tesoro "Gold Demon" Diablo II. I had pretty much given up ever seeing aftermarket coils for the GMT, Whites I figured had moved their focus to the TDI Pro and the SL so I didn't think they would ever do anything in that arena for the GMT. As for the Tesoro's, I was always surprised that nobody had made more coils for the LST. I figured since there's nine factory coils for it, they probably thought there was not much intrest. When they said "Gold Demon", I'm assuming they are talking the Diablo II and the other versions. It would be really cool to get some other coils for my Diablo II because as Reg put it, "they are as scarce as hens teeth". We just need to keep an eye on the website, and maybe some of the Aussie members can call and see what the deal is, since it's more local for them.

Last edited:

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found a cool Australian website, the company is called Pulsemate: Metal detector coils and accessories. They make aftermarket coils for Minelab PI units, Whites GMT, Teknetics T2, Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett Infinium, C-Scope CS-6 and CS-4, and Tesoro Lobo & Gold Demon detectors.

Several things got my attention, first my search was for aftermarket Infinium coils, and of course found it! I haven't called them, but it looks like they are going to in in production mode later this year. Second thing that caught my attention was they make coils for three of my detectors, the GMT, the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, and the Tesoro "Gold Demon" Diablo II. I had pretty much given up ever seeing aftermarket coils for the GMT, Whites I figured had moved their focus to the TDI Pro and the SL so I didn't think they would ever do anything in that arena for the GMT. As for the Tesoro's, I was always surprised that nobody had made more coils for the LST. I figured since there's nine factory coils for it, they probably though there was not much intrest. When they said "Gold Demon", I'm assuming they are talking the Diablo II and the other versions. It would be really cool to get some other coils for my Diablo II because as Reg put it, "they are as scarce as hens teeth". We just need to keep an eye on the website, and maybe some of the Aussie members can call and see what the deal is, since it's more local for them.

Sadly its been "New Coils Coming" since 2011 :(

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That sucks, but they mentioned how they would be up and running in 2013. Oh well, I'll keep an eye on them.

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, last year it was 2012, the year before that *we will be up and running late 2011*.... I'm sure they will get things going sooner or later..

I'm really interested in the coils for the GMT... If they can perfect a larger than stock coil that's light and sensitive to the small stuff I'll do my best to be first in line lol
A 4.5" or 5" DD sniper coil for the GMT similar to the coil on the Gold Bug Pro.. I find the stock 6" coil to be more sensitive on the top than the bottom which is quite annoying.
I ended up ordering the 14" GoldMax, and boy do I regret that... Horrible sensitivity, depth is lacking and that SoB is HEAVY..

Anyway.. Keep your fingers crossed.

Last edited:

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
An elliptical or hockey puc 4.5" or a 5" would be great for the GMT, I've never been totally happy with the 6" shooter. I would think a 12" skeletonized(so it's light) that is really sensitive to sub-grammers would be great. A good model from another brand would be the 12"x10" DD from Tesoro, one of these would be perfect on the GMT. Same thing would be good in 14" and 18" for the GMT.

Last edited:

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If this company finally gets it's act together, I think new coils for the Infinium will sway more people on the fence from the TDI to the Infinium.

Rudy(CA)

Sep 24, 2004
Steve, some people know what they are talking about, others like to think they do. I know which camp you are on.:notworthy:

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
I spent an afternoon searching for nuggets last weekend with my Infinium and a friend who also has an Infinium. We were in an
untried area and though we didn't find any nuggets both machines ran real smooth. In other words the two of us trust the
Infinium for nugget hunting.
Rich

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I trust mine too says my nice nugget!

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bad Monkey and Treasure Finder,

How have you done on gram and sub-gram nuggets in CA with the Infinium?

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Nuggetshooter
I need to get some small nuggets to test, but I do understand from others that the Infinium will read on half gram nuggets.
Rich

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuggetshooter
I need to get some small nuggets to test, but I do understand from others that the Infinium will read on half gram nuggets.
Rich

Search youtube for

Garrett Infinium vs MinelabGPX 5000

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread