traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this talk about detecting got me to thinking. My current detecting boots are pretty worn and sole starting to crack some. Here is their replacement from Bates boots. A bit expensive but good quality I have read. They will carry me to many adventures in Tennessee and the western deserts.

BTSM-E04272-012521-S21-000

OP
OP
Salura

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you have a coil cover IE(Skid Plate) on your coil if you do remove it and clean it out you would be surprised at what can accumulate under the coil and in the coil cover (Skid Plate), also if you have friends that likes to pull jokes on you I have known of friends pulling the skid plates on peoples coils putting a small bit of metal in the skid plate and then re installing the skid plate its all done in fun but it has happened it will cause all kinds of falsing when detecting

and no I have never played jokes on people LOL
No one has keys to my workshop but me. And anyone who would pull a joke on me like that isn't a friend.

Thank you for your reply

OP
OP
Salura

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All this talk about detecting got me to thinking. My current detecting boots are pretty worn and sole starting to crack some. Here is their replacement from Bates boots. A bit expensive but good quality I have read. They will carry me to many adventures in Tennessee and the western deserts.

BTSM-E04272-012521-S21-000
Since we are starting to talk about boots and stuff, I was wondering what gloves do you use when detecting, and where can I get them?. I'm looking for something that the fingers won't shred apart when I'm moving the dirt.

Thank you all so much!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since we are starting to talk about boots and stuff, I was wondering what gloves do you use when detecting, and where can I get them?. I'm looking for something that the fingers won't shred apart when I'm moving the dirt.

Thank you all so much!
Sorry if I got it off on boots.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was going to call you and give you maybe 5 minutes of tips and pointers but you did not like the idea .In text messages it is so easy to get miss led so i wish you luck. Bye

OH..POPS

Dec 18, 2021
Medway Ohio
Detector(s) used
Pops old one
Garrett Ace 400
Bounty Hunter
Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not saying to forget the site your digging but sometimes it's best to move to the next hole or two and come back to it later. Just my two penny's worth.
Good Luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread