What's new

What Are The Odds ?

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Gang of Thieves, I was doing the CRH thing today and stumbled across a most unusual find. I got 7 bags of halves which produced a $hitload of keepers but the oddity came later. Just to illustrate what a greedy ba$tard I am, I stopped at a bank on the drive home. The teller had 2 customer rolls and some loose ones she let me have. One of the rolls had both of these 2 halves in it. I have found a few of these before but never together like this.
Best wishes and tons of silver to all of you. Jim
 

Attachments

  • Untitled-1 copy.webp
    Untitled-1 copy.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 515
Upvote 0
Congrats, you must have great luck! :thumbsup:
 
Good job but I'm more interested in what a $hitload of keepers consists of
 
Congrats Jim, that is a pretty rare score let alone together , that is a awsome way to top off a big score on keepers :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , Ed
 
Couldn't have happened to a nicer greedy ba$tard. Congrats Jim! Still searching for my 70-S.
 
Immy said:
Couldn't have happened to a nicer greedy ba$tard. Congrats Jim! Still searching for my 70-S.
HaHa! That's right, way to go Jim! Still searching for my 70-anything ;D. Good luck, Gpurs...
 
Congrats,

Rare find

DW
 
The bag had just under 300 keepers. 35 of them were 90%ers. The other 12,000 halves produced zero,zilch,nada. It had been 2 weeks 16(bags) plus the 6 today since we had scored. So that makes 300 out of 44,000 searched. Cheers, Jim
 
I would say a dang good bag. Any Bens or Walkers...Barbers??

Golden Silver
 
Very Nice!
Must have been from a collection?
 
There were 7 Bens with no key dates. No Walkers or Barbers. I did find more batting tokens, car wash tokens, 4 brass keys, 2 guitar picks, a Sacajawea,a GW $1 with edge writing,and a SBA. I also found a cool red white and blue necklace doohickey that says "Air Land and Sea" on it. I will of course try to find its owner. Jim
 
I've heard these 1970 Kens are quite a tough find , can anybody give me an aproximate

evaluation of these in average circulated condition ? Argentium.
 
Wow, Congratulations!! Two in one box plus 300 keepers, Excellent day.
 
Awesome finds!!! The "Air Land and Sea" thing sounds like its some kind of USMC thing. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Argentium said:
I've heard these 1970 Kens are quite a tough find , can anybody give me an aproximate

evaluation of these in average circulated condition ? Argentium.

Very hard to find but when you do they are usually in very good condition.. Mint like... Like they have not been circulated but like the had been stored away for 39 years.....

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom