What's new

What are the Top 5 Tesoro detectors?

1) Tejon, the best for me!
2) Vaquero
3) Cortes
4) Squalo della sabbia
5) Lupo Super Traq
 
Are you power balancing your Vaquero if not you should try it, it does give the Vaquero and the Tejon a bit more depth, I also power Balance my Troy Shadow X5 to increase the depth it gets, I can not tell you why it works or how it works but it works, it is also very simple to do

I will see if I can find the link that I used to learn how to power balance my beep and digs and post it here for you
I set it a quarter turn negative on the ground balance and a quick swing speed. I was using the stock concentric coil 8 x 9 I believe. Experiment some over the same ground and see what works for you.
 
I once owned a Tesoro Eldorado here. The original coil didn't cut it here and there just wasn't enough ground balance range for it in our ground. A double D on it though, even though a bit fiddly and tight here getting a ground balance was quite good. I was quite impressed by the tone differences with some targets even though it didn't have that specifically. Gold nuggets buzzzed! Very odd. Only thing that did that sort of buzzz sound.
 
1.Vaquero
2.Lobo ST
3. Cibola
4.Sand Shark

I've only had these four.
 
These people that keep pushing all these newer detectors and telling people how the older analog and single frequency detector are obsolete in my opinion are totally wrong and off base and miss leading the newbie, and have never actually used a older beep and dig like the Vaquero or the Tejon and there are a few more I own that are just as capable, those that keep telling everyone that those older detectors like the Tejon and the Vaquero are obsolete, in my opinion they have an agenda, just because they state these older detectors are obsolete does not make it so.

Just my 2 cents worth
I learned on a whites classic sl 3. That's another great analog deep and dig. I prefer them myself I like to listen to the tone of the beep and I think a screen with a ton of options is just confusing and not what it's about. I can tell if I want to dig or not by the way those machines beep very quickly with out having to look at anything and u never truly know what it is until you dig it up.
 
All old detectors are obsolete, just like the new one's will be sooner rather than later, but that does not mean they don't a place or serve a purpose. The main issue with Tesoro's, Whites and Fisher's are you no longer have tech support. So if you find a good deal on an old detector and it still turns on and goes beep over metal, it would be a good deal. But once it stops working, bad coil or what ever then it goes to the dump. So I wouldn't buy an old detector assuming it's a collectors item and pay collector prices for one.
 
Obsolete? You mean they don't work anymore? Why are people still using them?
 
I'm Italian and I love Tesoro metal detectors as well as White's. I was very saddened by the failure of both companies because you could see they put their heart and soul into their products. I have older but timeless metal detectors like the Silver Umax and the Vaquero (I once owned a DeLeon), which are better than today's expensive, but identical, metal detectors.
1. Vaquero
2. Silver Umax
3. DeLeon
 
Well, some time before Monte Berry passed, I had a conversation with him and asked him for his opinion on which Tesoro detectors would be best suited to my preferred soil conditions and search plans.
And most people know Monte. He explained everything to me in great detail. And we came to the conclusion that if it had to be just one detector, the Bandido II or µmax would be the best Tesoro. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Bandido II shortly after I'd acquired a Silver Sabre II at a bargain price.
So here is my vote for Tesoro-detectors:
Bandidio II
Silver Sabre II
DeLeón
 
I have a deus ii, nox 800, and an etrac. Although i like some of the features with these new detectors, I can't say they out perform any of my three tesoros: tejon, mojave, outlaw. I would say my Tejon is in the same camp as my etrac. Performance wise they are all about the same.
 
My newest, most modern detector was the Nokta Simplex Plus. Had it for about a year before selling it. Wasn't my cup of tea.

I prefer my Tesoros, Sov and Excal.

I do prefer the vaquero over the Tejon.

I also like to use the Bandido II uMax and the old Siver Sabre. I've replaced the electrolytics in that machine and it gives a ton of information in the B eee P.

I wish I still had a Sand Shark, just because.
 
Obsolete? You mean they don't work anymore? Why are people still using them?
People don't like change. If they find a detector that works for them, they tend to stick with it even if they might try a new release every now and then. I'm the same way. I love Fisher detectors. Just because something is obsolete, doesn't mean it doesn't still work or at least that is what I keep telling my wife.
 
I prefer my My newest, most modern detector was the Nokta Simplex Plus. Had it for about a year before selling it. Wasn't my cup of tea.

I prefer my Tesoros, Sov and Excal.

I do prefer the vaquero over the Tejon.

I also like to use the Bandido II uMax and the old Siver Sabre. I've replaced the electrolytics in that machine and it gives a ton of information in the B eee P.

I wish I still had a Sand Shark, just because.
I still love my Cibola
Tesoro made them well and powerful enough to do the job!
Simple to operate , light weight too
I have three machines
Tesoro Cibola
Fisher Gold bug Pro
Simplex
I’ve been using the NOkta as my main tool
Learned enough to be successful with it !
Good luck to everyone!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom