Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim you'll go to the grave driving the old car, swinging the mid range detector.
That is OK, no problem.

Any time you want to have a metal detecting contest, let me know. I'll serve you a much needed slice of humble pie.

You come across as a very shallow person who tries too hard to impress people with how much money you spend on things. But thinking that spending a grand more than I did for a metal detector gives you a better experience is just plain stupid. Maybe your detector is lighter, but I don't have a problem swinging my AT Pro. I guess if I was frail or weak I'd prefer a lighter detector. Perhaps you should spend some of your money on a weight set or membership to a gym to build up some arm strength...

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any time you want to have a metal detecting contest, let me know. I'll serve you a much needed slice of humble pie.

You come across as a very shallow person who tries too hard to impress people with how much money you spend on things. But thinking that spending a grand more than I did for a metal detector gives you a better experience is just plain stupid. Maybe your detector is lighter, but I don't have a problem swinging my AT Pro. I guess if I was frail or weak I'd prefer a lighter detector. Perhaps you should spend some of your money on a weight set or membership to a gym to build up some arm strength...
Sheesh, this was a friendly conversation before you arrived.
Why the bitterness and hostility?
Get a grip man.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any time you want to have a metal detecting contest, let me know. I'll serve you a much slice of humble pie.

Gee now I'm frail and weak because I own a light machine.

Now I don't have to prove my skills to anyone, especially a 50 LC man like you.

Gee the humble pie is mighty tempting though.

Gee from doing a quick count in the cabinet, and holders I have around 180+ LCs.
Then there's this container also. :dontknow:
20211223_102930.jpg

There's a bit of skill getting those numbers Tim.

Then again you post up finds all the time right.

I didn't say your detector couldn't find anything.
I stated that it would struggle in the heavy iron.

But you don't have iron laden sites, just a few nails.
You're very fortunate to have such a great opportunity to access such sites.

Now for impressing folks on how much I spend on detectors.
That's pretty small Tim really.

I can certainly afford to pay for the machine.
It was free actually, that probably pisses you off to no end knowing that.

I cashed in my scrap and paid for the Deus ll.Thread 'Did a clean up/scrap out(picture heavy)=New detector?' https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/did-a-clean-up-scrap-out-picture-heavy-new-detector.675827/

FYI the detector and headphones were close to $3000 Canadian 🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
J

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Experience comes from constant using the machine, multiple frequencies seem best, I just want to know which machine snaps right on the target without hesitation, seperation and being consistent, if you all want to swing fast like maniacs go ahead, this is a patient hobby, you go ahead and cover more ground, I’ll cover less and go slower and see what happens, so yeah I want a machine that eliminates most nails, iron, xp deus 2 seems to be best at that currently, I love the minelab screen, but performance is what matters.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jollyrodger, the Multi-Freq. detectors do seem better in many cases, especially on saltwater beaches and highly mineralized dirt. If you like or have a need for a single Freq., that is the beauty of the Multi Freq. detectors, you can switch anytime between Multi, and with some, a single Freq. of 4, 5, 10, 15, 20 & 40 Kz. Not a bad option. Now I still have the AT Pro hanging on the wall, but I no longer use it. I will fire it up with the 5x8" coil for someone that really wants to lean how to metal detect, it is a good machine, nothing wrong with it, I bought it because at the time it was a waterproof machine. The Minelab Equinox and the Nokta Legend are both not only waterproof, but are Multi and have 5 or 6 different single Freq. I myself think that you do get more bang for the buck with the Legend. Read up on the various make and models, since you have the interest, and you do, it will make for some interesting reading. Good luck with it all.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freebird and pepperj, Large Cents? Those are only a rumor out in Oregon. I'm still hoping for just ONE.

OP
OP
J

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look I’m not telling everyone what detector to buy, my logic is such regardless of spending 300 or 1500.00. Unless you are the diehard expert that has time to research and learn about the basics and more advanced techniques then great, I want everyone to find awesome stuff, but it’s ok to start out with a simplex or at pro if you like. Money is so important, I use a minelab xterra pro, had simplex , whites dfx. Some say oh those are mid level machines you maybe correct, so being my thought of not having 1500.00 to throw down, my next detector might be the xp deus 2 master, puck version 700.00. Yes it’s configuration more difficulty than deus remote, not x y z screen and waterproof, but I’m not diving, and for half the price this machine performss equal to what some are saying the best machine is currently, XP Deus 2 remote, please state your opinion, I think that is a good Mack , the puck version. Yes charging each item might seem like an inconvenience, but folks do your homework, thanks. Just a sample of my finds below.

Attachments

• IMG_0694.jpeg
    IMG_0694.jpeg
    864.5 KB · Views: 11

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.... my next detector might be the xp deus 2 master, puck version 700.00. Yes it’s configuration more difficulty than deus remote, not x y z screen and waterproof, but I’m not diving, and for half the price this machine performss equal to what some are saying the best machine is currently, XP Deus 2 remote, please state your opinion.
I think it's great for some; maybe not for others.

Having tried the WS6 as both headphones and puck, I prefer the RC with WSA II-XLs. Others love the WS6! 😍 Vive la différence!

You can ask what others think, but if you've decided on getting some version of Dēus II based on its capabilities/performance, all that should matter is how you want to use it.

OP
OP
J

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's great for some; maybe not for others.

Having tried the WS6 as both headphones and puck, I prefer the RC with WSA II-XLs. Others love the WS6! 😍 Vive la différence!

You can ask what others think, but if you've decided on getting some version of Dēus II based on its capabilities/performance, all that should matter is how you want to use it.
Well first of all I’m not diving, I live in western Pennsylvania, a lot of iron, need seperation, better, I do old foundations and appreciate the rapid response and more consistent if you understan.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well first of all I’m not diving, I live in western Pennsylvania, a lot of iron, need seperation, better, I do old foundations and appreciate the rapid response and more consistent if you understan.
I do. Any version will get you that.

It's whether the minor differences like X-Y matter to you, what kind of headphones you like, whether you hunt primarily by sound or by screen...

I'm sure you know what you like/prefer.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look I’m not telling everyone what detector to buy, my logic is such regardless of spending 300 or 1500.00. Unless you are the diehard expert that has time to research and learn about the basics and more advanced techniques then great, I want everyone to find awesome stuff, but it’s ok to start out with a simplex or at pro if you like. Money is so important, I use a minelab xterra pro, had simplex , whites dfx. Some say oh those are mid level machines you maybe correct, so being my thought of not having 1500.00 to throw down, my next detector might be the xp deus 2 master, puck version 700.00. Yes it’s configuration more difficulty than deus remote, not x y z screen and waterproof, but I’m not diving, and for half the price this machine performss equal to what some are saying the best machine is currently, XP Deus 2 remote, please state your opinion, I think that is a good Mack , the puck version. Yes charging each item might seem like an inconvenience, but folks do your homework, thanks. Just a sample of my finds below.
Some have the hair, and we're the model for manufacturing of the puck version thingy that slides off my head. (It's just me)
No offense to the heads that it works on.

Waterproof is a good option if one gets caught in the rain.
Slips and falls in a water source.
There's rain proof and then water resistant, then the actual Waterproof
Full remote is great, easy to switch back and forth, change a setting, large ID #s.
More available space for custom programs also.
(Forget the # over the puck version)
As I learn the Deus ll the different tweaking in the different programs is almost site by sites.

For swinging fast, not my game. Though hot spotting a site I will swing faster, wider, as I know the processor will pick up everything that coil goes over to a certain degree
The best thing is to isolate a target away from everything else.
Then start swinging faster over it to see the swing speed limit.
With a quicker swing I have gotten a chirp, then going over it again it’s a very distinctive sounding target.
So this is a good sign to slow the speed down.
In the iron concentration a slower swing is needed.
Most to all Victorian era homesteads are iron patches.
It depends on what happened to the site, burnt, ripped down, raised (machine demo)buried, or simply rotted away.
The footprint of heavy iron will be different.

Then comes the years of occupation, and what use the site saw.

In the open (little or widely spaced targets) expect the Deus ll to be hitting targets 12" with no real difficulty.
Meaning the ID #, good tone, and the same ID consistently.

Iffy targets are easily determined also with a light scratching of the boot, it can determine a dig/pass in seconds.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is the latest program I loaded.
Detecting Skill School
Gary is easy to understand, has many videos explaining the programs.
Screenshot_20240401_154558_Chrome.jpg

Great this about the Deus ll is when all else fails the general program works just fine.

OP
OP
J

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do. Any version will get you that.

It's whether the minor differences like X-Y matter to you, what kind of headphones you like, whether you hunt primarily by sound or by screen...

I'm sure you know what you like/prefer.
Well as far as the headphones, I prefer none I want to know my surroundings, I’m not paranoid, being that said what’s a good 3rd party external speaker for the master 6 puck version.

OP
OP
J

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks nobody knows where the lost coins, relics are exactly, you can study like I do, it helps but I can assure you, you will find iron which isn’t a bad thing, might tell you your close to the old house. Unfortunately if you don’t like bending over and digging it’s not your hobby, if your unheal they I’m sorry. Point is you must bend over and dig, heck if anything else your removing garbage that we ignorantly put in thanks.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well as far as the headphones, I prefer none I want to know my surroundings, I’m not paranoid, being that said what’s a good 3rd party external speaker for the master 6 puck version.
ICBW, but AFAIK, XP's tech is proprietary.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without headphones you will not hear the faint signals of deep targets because of ambient noise.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rest assured you might hear most, but you'll miss some also.
Strong wind, trains, traffic.

They're great for the pretending "I can't hear you" play also.
Also it helps settle the near-by dogs from yapping not hearing the beeping.

Headphones 🎧
The most quoted words are.
I want to hear what know/hear my surroundings.

I've got Tinnitus so I hear the ringing 24/7.
Tone deaf on certain high range notes.

Yet I have been wearing full ear cup headphones since the day White's put a jack hole in the steel box.

I can hear a mosquito buzzing around the head, bees feeding on things, a Chipmunk running through the leaves at 100ft away.
Also keep the 👂 👂 warm.

The noise we make usually is enough for any 4 legged fur creatures go the other way (humans just smell and are dangerous).
2 🦵 🦿 creatures that's always a concern in the urban setting.
🎧 or no headphones they'll won't make any difference if they are in the mood.
Just my take on headphones.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that better quality machine will pay for itself in a relatively short period of time.
I doubt any of the detectors I have ever owned have payed for themselves in value of finds. But that's not a fault of the detectors, just a fault of the places I hunt. But in terms of fun I've had with them, I don't regret a penny spent on any of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread