What did CRH get you?

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Just wondering why you do it? If you never cash out is it really worth it. Have you cashed out and rewarded yourself. Myself I put a deck on my house and took a trip to disney world for a week. :headbang: Could have had more if I cashed at the peek but who really knows...so why do you do it besides hoarding a bit of silver?

Maine_Jim

Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save all i find i am going to retire in 10 years. I hope.. This year i found 512 oz so far. To morrow i hope to pick up 20 more silver dollars. All scrap!!Plus i love to hunt for the silver. The more boxes the better..

ihittheskislopes

Jun 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in my late 20s I dont plan on selling until Im about to retire or silver gets over $100oz so its just stacking for now.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Jim, I've said this in other threads but, I save all mine( I have never sold any) this is an extension of my 401K, if you will, and I know it is there incase of emergency ( not so much SHTF) but anything else, health, house, my kids, thing like that. Now if I never have to use any of it and I die before hand, my children will have all that I have saved. I also do this becuase I love the hunt! Thanks, Maverick.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i cashed out 200 face of 40% and 50 face of 90% back in sept at 43 per oz. just to prove to my wife that it was real....the rest is "one eyed willy's pirate ship" for a rainy day or the goonies!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the Goonies reference, Big.

I'm going to put 1/2 of mine toward family vacations & the other half (if silver ever gets back up to $35/oz) will go to building my Morgan dollar registry set.

I am a collector. The silver is just a stepping stone for me to get to rare coins. (Tho I have to admit, you gotta love a big fat stack of Ag all bought at face value!)

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
We do it for the fun of the hobby but it is also our savings so we hold on to it. When we first started & were super poor we cashed some in to put a deposit down on a place to live. Ideally we'd like not to have to cash any in but if we need it for emergency situations or unexpected expenses we have it as a backup plan.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm hoping it grows in value when my kids receive my stash, that is, if my 401K and savings have not been looted by then.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was lucky enough to sell right when silver hit $50. Paid for my daughter's wedding en toto. That was a great blessing. Have not sold any since then. Just holding for now--until my granddaughter is ready to drive--then a nice down payment for her first car.
apush

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i save all i have unless they are dirty 40%ers, i've always loved coins and hate to part with any coin i get... but sometimes the dirty ones need to go!

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I got into it because I was buying junk silver from a coin shop. I figured there had to be a way they were obtaining it, so I went searching for ways to find silver in circulation. I begain buying junk silver and bullion coins to protect against a hyperinflation/SHTF scenario.

I have only sold once, selling 2 out of 6 solid 40% rolls I found in CWR. Everything else I've hung on to!

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm saving all my finds until silver goes back up to its old high or even higher hopefully, or until the time comes to buy a house. Down payments can be pretty steep

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't part with any of them, I have serious hoarder's syndrome. They are security, as long as I have them I'm not completely broke, which in terms of fiat currency I definitely am

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I think about selling for security reasons, but I don't think I have enough silver in my house that it's worth getting past me and my pitbull. I am not the type of person that would throw my hands up and say "take whatever you want, just don't hurt me!" I live alone, and will honestly die for the sheer principle that no one has a right to my property

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes I think about selling for security reasons, but I don't think I have enough silver in my house that it's worth getting past me and my pitbull. I am not the type of person that would throw my hands up and say "take whatever you want, just don't hurt me!" I live alone, and will honestly die for the sheer principle that no one has a right to my property
Strong principle! Keep in mind that we really don't own our homes or property. Stop paying property tax, watch what happens.

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold 300 40% ers and bought an eTrac :)
Etrac found me 12xx $ in clad, 491 90% silver coins, 29 sterling items and 4.1 grams in gold so far :)

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
I got into the hobby back when silver was climbing towards $50/oz. I had a handful of silver coins collected at my high school and college jobs (video store manager and then a bank teller, and unfortunately I didn't CRH then) and while looking up the values I had the idea that not many people know the 1965-1970 halves had silver content and it should be easy to find those still in circulation. I then did a google search and eventually found this forum which fed the compulsion a bit even after I figured out it wasn't as easy to find the 40% coins as I thought it would be.

I'm similar to Ben-Ro in that I don't sell my finds. I have big concerns about our country's economic stability and loose monetary policy so I hold onto the coins as a hedge against inflation and just to have a store of wealth outside the mainstream financial system. I actually looked at buying junk silver before I started CRH but just never pulled the trigger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread