What do I hate more then zinc?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Solid rolls of new zinc!! jeez, it's august and I am still getting solid rolls of 2012 shield cents, what's up with that? Anybody else come across this problem?
I mean I get boxes of pennies, half the rolls are solid 2012 and the other half are partially solid 2012 or just circulated rolls. Back in May, my main bank switched from Brinks to Garda.. Brinks never had new coins in their mix, but Garda apparently does, i just don't know how long we will be plagued with 2012 cents... soon enough the 2013 cent will be out!!
HH
Buff

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Solid rolls of new zinc!! jeez, it's august and I am still getting solid rolls of 2012 shield cents, what's up with that? Anybody else come across this problem?
I mean I get boxes of pennies, half the rolls are solid 2012 and the other half are partially solid 2012 or just circulated rolls. Back in May, my main bank switched from Brinks to Garda.. Brinks never had new coins in their mix, but Garda apparently does, i just don't know how long we will be plagued with 2012 cents... soon enough the 2013 cent will be out!!
HH
Buff

Is that all they have? When I go pick up a box, I open it and if there are new coins I ask to switch them out for a new box or get CWR to replace the new ones.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they "can't specify" on the coins I get, what they hand me is what i purchase...

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i don't want to deny them because they are one of my main banks, but is it really that hard to look through the top holes and see there are brand new coins??

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
they "can't specify" on the coins I get, what they hand me is what i purchase...

At my pick up banks, they are usually pretty cool about what I do with it. I just always ask if they have any MWR boxes that "aren't brand-spankin' new 2012 coins". They will bring a box and say, "Okay well, this box looks good, but check and make sure." I open it and tell them if it looks okay. I just always tell them I collect them, and they are always more than happy to help me out.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to get as many CWRd cents as I can between May-Sept. That is peak season for new cent boxes for me. I usually get mixed rolls in boxes the rest of the year.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, but there are NO cwr's in my area, too many coin counters, and if the teller has cwr's, chances are they are a low volume branch.
I try to get as many CWRd cents as I can between May-Sept. That is peak season for new cent boxes for me. I usually get mixed rolls in boxes the rest of the year.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BuffaloBoy said:
i don't want to deny them because they are one of my main banks, but is it really that hard to look through the top holes and see there are brand new coins??

Hey BB, I've had my tellers check the holes for me on dime boxes when the 2012's came to town. They were confused about what I was asking until they brought out a box and I showed them a couple of dirty dimes peaking out. Most tellers I deal with at pick up banks are super nice and they really try to help me out. I think some of them think what I do is silly but I'm ok with that as long as I get what I want. Can't hurt to ask them.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I had bought a box of pennies brinks ended up being all 2012 D's. Kept 5 rolls and dumped the rest. Now I check them before I buy them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread