naturegirl
Bronze Member
what do y'all think these are..
they are in a big rock in front of a rock shelter/overhang. To me they look modern made, but I don't know why or with what. The shelter is in a old, very active oilfield, but it is over a bluff, in some very rough terrain, can't imagine any drilling equipment taken down there to just make a few marks in the stone...anyway, ideas?

they are in a big rock in front of a rock shelter/overhang. To me they look modern made, but I don't know why or with what. The shelter is in a old, very active oilfield, but it is over a bluff, in some very rough terrain, can't imagine any drilling equipment taken down there to just make a few marks in the stone...anyway, ideas?


Upvote
0


we searched out this shelter thinking it may have been an outlaw holdout, and these just look too fresh to be made 100's of years ago, but I wondered about the rock polishing thought. Rginn, these don't look like any of the other grooves I've seen in context with grinding holes in shelters, which is where I've seen the grooves. these are more uniform, and wider.








