What's new

What do you guys do with Titanium,Tungsten etc?

smugglersbluez

Full Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2013
Messages
150
Reaction score
185
Golden Thread
0
Location
central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro , Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Titanium,stainless steel,Tungsten etc...sell them on ebay?
 
Upvote 0
Pretty much junk - Sad to say, because I have so many of them!!!!
 
I look at them. flip them around a bit then put them away with a slight sigh.

Titanium is actually interesting in how hard and also light it is. Tungsten carbide is amazingly heavier than gold...and it's pretty much normally used as cutting tool material in manufacturing due to it's extreme hardness.


Don't have anything good to say about stainless steel rings...most of them are pretty ugly..
 
reply

Titanium,stainless steel,Tungsten etc...sell them on ebay?

I throw the stuff away. And as I do, I feel sorry for the poor fellow who paid several hundred dollars for that j*nk in the jewelry store. They make entire jet airplanes out of that, don't they?

Ironically, it looks pretty good, doesn't corrode, etc... (what more could you ask for in a wedding ring afterall :)) However, it has utterly no melt value, unless you had a truck full of it.
 
I sell mine in our community yard sale. I get what I can. Atleast it's something. :censored:
 
Last edited:
I've heard of people collecting them for a while getting a lot together and selling on eBay for 20-30 per ring. I'd rather do that then throw them away, they're pretty sharp looking.
 
I was showing my teenage sons friend some of my finds and he thought one of my tungsten rings was my coolest find. I asked him if he wanted it and he said heck yeah. Show them to your friends and family and they may be glad to get them.
 
I have a couple nice looking ones! Ray
 
Have only found one or two, so they're in with my keepers. Some of them are pretty neat looking, though. My son has a tungsten wedding band. He lost weight and can't have the ring sized because it is too "hard" to resize. Oh well...I'll stick with my gold ring.

Anita
 
I throw mine in the living room "treasure chest" and let my family and friends have them if they want. Some have gold and/or silver inlays so they're not always junk.
 
agreed! I found a junk ring in Cancun! What was worse, the second ring I found was a Titanium ring! its true shocking how light they are and NOT shocking I found it as it probably does not have the density to sink.

I am collecting all mine in a jar -like marbels! they look good!

sure is disappointing though thinking you have 14K white gold to find out you have crap!
 
If you are just throwing out I will take them if you don't mind sending if so pm for address.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom