What's new

What Do You Think This Is?

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
I found this in 2007 in an awesome field that was sold and I no longer have permission to look. What do you think it is?








 
Upvote 0
I would guess maybe a axe or a hoe?I am no expert.Whatever it is, it is a nice piece!
 
A big hafted axe or hoe I am guessing, but leaning more toward a digging tool. I supposed it would make a good chopper for getting through weeds, to get at edible or medicinal roots? May just be the photos or the ancient patina, but the material looks a little too soft or chalky to be a wood working tool, JMO. Nice find, whatever its original purpose.
 
Resembles a Guilford axe to me.. A very fine example of a chipped stone axe anyway
 
Last edited:
I go along with Gator on this one looks like a Guilford axe.
 
Nice whatever it is.
 
Axe for sure. Great find and I like for it survives the plow!
 
With that rounded bit, I lean more toward a hoe or spade. Mighty nice, whatever it is.
 
I agree with Gator. And, it is a nice find for sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom