A Arrow1492 Full Member Joined Mar 18, 2017 Messages 135 Reaction score 258 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 7, 2018 #1 Spall, Core, scraper? Going to challenge you folks. I’m not sure myself hence the question. From Illinois....thanks Attachments EA922F03-B808-4743-86C0-8F3988F86BE3.webp 266.3 KB · Views: 136 0086AE8F-8F7F-4C09-8E3F-A0FFE5653F68.webp 305.8 KB · Views: 120 EEA1D5E5-728A-4FB4-BCEC-A3001C6545A8.webp 546.3 KB · Views: 117 43933E11-9DBA-4754-AD0E-517FB5658313.webp 486.7 KB · Views: 115 Upvote 0
Spall, Core, scraper? Going to challenge you folks. I’m not sure myself hence the question. From Illinois....thanks
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 7, 2018 #2 I'd say a tool of some sort, there is enough chipping on the edge. A knife or scraper perhaps.
The Grim Reaper Gold Member Joined Apr 3, 2008 Messages 7,826 Reaction score 7,076 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 7, 2018 #3 Looks to me like they whacked it a few times, saw they couldn't remove the large stack, and tossed it aside.
Looks to me like they whacked it a few times, saw they couldn't remove the large stack, and tossed it aside.
ToddsPoint Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Mar 2, 2018 Messages 9,189 Reaction score 33,096 Golden Thread 0 Location Todds Point, IL Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jul 8, 2018 #4 The Grim Reaper said: Looks to me like they whacked it a few times, saw they couldn't remove the large stack, and tossed it aside. Click to expand... Agree with that. Gary
The Grim Reaper said: Looks to me like they whacked it a few times, saw they couldn't remove the large stack, and tossed it aside. Click to expand... Agree with that. Gary
A Arrow1492 Full Member Joined Mar 18, 2017 Messages 135 Reaction score 258 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 1, 2018 Thread Owner #5 What is evident on this piece to show that it may have be used? I see the flaking but is there edge wear that shows? Just trying to learn this stuff . Thanks!
What is evident on this piece to show that it may have be used? I see the flaking but is there edge wear that shows? Just trying to learn this stuff . Thanks!
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 3, 2018 #6 I think it looks a lot like the arrowheads I find used and sharpened to death and loved as a favorite tool.
I think it looks a lot like the arrowheads I find used and sharpened to death and loved as a favorite tool.