What's new

What dreams are made of

kinchafoonee

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2013
Messages
314
Reaction score
373
Golden Thread
0
Location
SoWeGa
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got these pictures off another forum. This fellow must have one of the best collection in the country. His points are in frames and not pictured. Imagine how nice they must be. This is what having bottomless pockets can do for you, LOL.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001S.webp
    MVC-001S.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 514
  • MVC-003S.webp
    MVC-003S.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 515
  • MVC-004S.webp
    MVC-004S.webp
    20 KB · Views: 504
  • MVC-005S.webp
    MVC-005S.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 488
  • MVC-006S.webp
    MVC-006S.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 488
  • MVC-008S.webp
    MVC-008S.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 505
  • MVC-009S.webp
    MVC-009S.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 509
  • MVC-012S.webp
    MVC-012S.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 488
  • MVC-013S.webp
    MVC-013S.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 502
  • MVC-014S.webp
    MVC-014S.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 491
  • MVC-015S.webp
    MVC-015S.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 494
  • MVC-016S.webp
    MVC-016S.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 508
  • MVC-017S.webp
    MVC-017S.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 476
  • MVC-018S.webp
    MVC-018S.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 477
  • MVC-019S.webp
    MVC-019S.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 470
  • MVC-020S.webp
    MVC-020S.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 489
  • MVC-021S.webp
    MVC-021S.webp
    15 KB · Views: 507
  • MVC-022S.webp
    MVC-022S.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 504
Upvote 0
I'm assuming that most of you dont know who's collection that is. But this person has owned one of the best collections in the country for many years. He's been collecting for quite some time and owned many of the "best of the best" of their type of many different types. Yes he purchased a lot of it, but many are highly documented artifacts with great histories. I doubt most museums have that sort of collection. The few that come to mind would be Gilcrease, Ohio Historical Society, and the Smithsonian. Even then, they only have one or two of a particular type. This person has many! He's really a legend when it comes to collecting prehistoric art.

Hippy
 
I'm assuming that most of you dont know who's collection that is. But this person has owned one of the best collections in the country for many years. He's been collecting for quite some time and owned many of the "best of the best" of their type of many different types. Yes he purchased a lot of it, but many are highly documented artifacts with great histories. I doubt most museums have that sort of collection. The few that come to mind would be Gilcrease, Ohio Historical Society, and the Smithsonian. Even then, they only have one or two of a particular type. This person has many! He's really a legend when it comes to collecting prehistoric art.

Hippy

that may be but I have to say i have been in the back rooms of my local University collection and the ....stored away-never see the light of day-no access to the public-this part of the collection is for study by qualified US PEOPLE ONLY, .....shear volume of things they have is enormous.
 
that may be but I have to say i have been in the back rooms of my local University collection and the ....stored away-never see the light of day-no access to the public-this part of the collection is for study by qualified US PEOPLE ONLY, .....shear volume of things they have is enormous.

Absolutely true in most cases.
 
it is very impressive...but I don't think I'd trade even one of my points for the whole display...the search and find is what is so special.

I agree @ eastTNJoe. Wouldn't trade mine either. The real thrill is in the hunt. Same goes for my fossils, although I did purchase opalized ammonites ( I'm a sucker for anything opal!)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom