What's new

What dreams are made of

kinchafoonee

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2013
Messages
314
Reaction score
373
Golden Thread
0
Location
SoWeGa
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got these pictures off another forum. This fellow must have one of the best collection in the country. His points are in frames and not pictured. Imagine how nice they must be. This is what having bottomless pockets can do for you, LOL.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001S.webp
    MVC-001S.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 514
  • MVC-003S.webp
    MVC-003S.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 515
  • MVC-004S.webp
    MVC-004S.webp
    20 KB · Views: 504
  • MVC-005S.webp
    MVC-005S.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 488
  • MVC-006S.webp
    MVC-006S.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 488
  • MVC-008S.webp
    MVC-008S.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 505
  • MVC-009S.webp
    MVC-009S.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 509
  • MVC-012S.webp
    MVC-012S.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 488
  • MVC-013S.webp
    MVC-013S.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 502
  • MVC-014S.webp
    MVC-014S.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 491
  • MVC-015S.webp
    MVC-015S.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 494
  • MVC-016S.webp
    MVC-016S.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 508
  • MVC-017S.webp
    MVC-017S.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 476
  • MVC-018S.webp
    MVC-018S.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 477
  • MVC-019S.webp
    MVC-019S.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 470
  • MVC-020S.webp
    MVC-020S.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 489
  • MVC-021S.webp
    MVC-021S.webp
    15 KB · Views: 507
  • MVC-022S.webp
    MVC-022S.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 504
Upvote 0
It is true, a picture is worth a thousand words. What a great display!:hello2:
 
it is very impressive...but I don't think I'd trade even one of my points for the whole display...the search and find is what is so special.
 
it is very impressive...but I don't think I'd trade even one of my points for the whole display...the search and find is what is so special.

Boy, I wouldn't have to think to long about it myself. The search and the finds are all very special, but so is a room full of spectacular relics, no matter who found them.
 
If you have one of everything then what? The object of collecting is the desire to collect. Its nice
 
Wow that's amazing. I think I would be overwhelmed in that room. I wouldn't know where to start to look at.
 
Man, you need too quit coming by the house and taken pictures of my stuff!!!!!!!! (I WISH)
 
Can i say holy freaking crap on this forum. Absolutely unbelievable.
 
I'd be afraid to leave the house if I had all that stuff squirreled away. (Theft, fire, etc.,) That's one heck of a collection!
 
incredible, incredible, incredible! Wth is that round cylinder with the eight holes around and one in the center? Any one got an answer to that?
 
butterfly bannerstones stacked on top of butterfly bannerstones...
 
incredible, incredible, incredible! Wth is that round cylinder with the eight holes around and one in the center? Any one got an answer to that?


A lazy susan?
 
Wow that's amazing. I think I would be overwhelmed in that room. I wouldn't know where to start to look at.

iI think I would could probably be so over whelmed you couldn't take it all in. Could look for hours.
 
I couldn't even guess what the net worth is of everything pictured. With today's auction prices? Wow.

I hope they are in a vault that is deep underground and they have incredible insurance.
 
i'll bet most university museums have that kind of collection...all nicely tucked away where the public has no access to it.
 
Unless this person's great great grandparents, and every generation afterward hunted artifacts, and hunted hard, I bet he buys a lot of stuff. I'd be willing to bet the farm that somewhere in that immaculate collection, an immaculate fake has been slid in on him. I'm not hating on him, but, what are the odds?
 
Unless this person's great great grandparents, and every generation afterward hunted artifacts, and hunted hard, I bet he buys a lot of stuff. I'd be willing to bet the farm that somewhere in that immaculate collection, an immaculate fake has been slid in on him. I'm not hating on him, but, what are the odds?

I think it depends on the age of the collection....there is a guy out here that has a very similar collection that is VERY well documented

Kalama man shares vast collection of rare Indian artifacts

he has been trying to sell it for a time now...getting older and un-healthy....

I have also read from time to time of old small museum collections that go up for sale from defunct museums.
 
I had a friend that had a collection like that. He passed away and some of those gorgets and bannerstones look like his. I wish I had clearer pics as I have pictures of his. Maybe he bought some? I hope he knows his collection is posted on the web??:laughing7: Thanks for the view. It looks as if it is his lifes legacy.
TnMtns
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom