What drives you to find treasures?

Yang Hao

Feb 23, 2015
Haerbin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure if this is the area to post a question like this. I'm curious to see your answers. What is your motivation to treasure seek? I'm not a treasure seeker like you but my curiosity for knowledge is the reason why I frequently visit this site. I wish all a great treasure hunting experience. I look forward to your answers. 88 and good luck on the hunt.:icon_thumright:

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do it in hopes of finding the most valuable of all treasures... What ever that is? I'll know when I find it! And I'll be remembered in the history books forever. So as I'm never to be forgotten!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do it for history and the solitude of life. All things eventually get lost and I don't intend to let them stay that way.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It started as a way to make money to get gas or food, now it's a addiction that drives my every thought and action daily.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, the quest for the greatest treasure led me on a 40+ yr path, where the culmination of everything and all experiences, led me to a place, where I found this treasure and it's gifts, (or actually, had it bestowed upon me).

Now, that I have this greatest treasure, like a living well, I have no need to drink from anothers' well. It has helped all my other treasures to be magnified and multiplied, be they no matter how big or small. Having this treasure has not stopped hardships, struggles, and adversities from coming my way, but it has assisted in my being able to overcome and be a victor of circumstance, instead of a victim. It doesn't stop the struggles of spirit and flesh, but allows my better mental health to over rule conditionings, improper instructions, and error.

The treasure I consider my greatest is: Peace that surpasses understandings.
This is why it may be difficult to describe and very very few find this treasure. Blessed are those, that have been within its presence.
Maybe I died and just don't know it :laughing7:, as I question the quandar of true life and death. :notworthy:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, the quest for the greatest treasure led me on a 40+ yr path, where the culmination of everything and all experiences, led me to a place, where I found this treasure and it's gifts, (or actually, had it bestowed upon me).

Now, that I have this greatest treasure, like a living well, I have no need to drink from anothers' well. It has helped all my other treasures to be magnified and multiplied, be they no matter how big or small. Having this treasure has not stopped hardships, struggles, and adversities from coming my way, but it has assisted in my being able to overcome and be a victor of circumstance, instead of a victim. It doesn't stop the struggles of spirit and flesh, but allows my better mental health to over rule conditionings, improper instructions, and error.

The treasure I consider my greatest is: Peace that surpasses understandings.
This is why it may be difficult to describe and very very few find this treasure. Blessed are those, that have been within its presence.
Maybe I died and just don't know it :laughing7:, as I question the quandar of true life and death. :notworthy:

Wow, Pat! Hard to top that one!

For me, one word: curiosity

Holding something in my hand that I found, and that no one never would have otherwise. My oldest find is a grooved ax, about 4500 BP. Makes you sit right down and think about it.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My intense desire to find treasure stems from my interest in History, and being able to hold something that someone held, a hundred or more years ago!
My passion here is old roads and trails, but search other old locations too. Each and every "partifact" has great meaning, and if unsure what the heck it is, then research is needed. Like to get an i.d. and date off the items, for my friends' enrichment too!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My intense desire to find treasure stems from my interest in History, and being able to hold something that someone held, a hundred or more years ago!
My passion here is old roads and trails, but search other old locations too. Each and every "partifact" has great meaning, and if unsure what the heck it is, then research is needed. Like to get an i.d. and date off the items, for my friends' enrichment too!

I went from treasure hunter to historian and researcher.

Of course, I'm easily distracted ................... :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread