What's new

What "Full Rolls" have been found?????

Paul in WA

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
726
Reaction score
23
Golden Thread
0
Location
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
What "Full Rolls" have been found?????

After finding those full rolls of Walking Liberty halves, I am just curious as what other people have found "Full Rolls" of

Paul

PS
I still can not believe that I found those!
 
Upvote 0
Re: What "Full Rolls" have been found?????

I found an original roll of 1965 halves in 2005. Beautiful coins. I opened one end on a paper towel and lifted the roll off the top, and all the edges were gleaming. I just sat and stared, before putting them in a square tube.
 
Re: What "Full Rolls" have been found?????

Rakattack said:
CHAINCHOMP said:
I don't get it. Do you get joy out of bumping old posts? :icon_scratch: The reason why threads die off is because they aren't of interest to people, so naturally, less responses.

Just curious :laughing7:

Old post can be revived. This subject is as relevent today as it were 4 years ago. I was impressed with this person digging in and reading older post. I was not ridiculing her. I think all should go back and read items that have been posted before especially if it's a subject that they are interested in. Many topics are discussed over and over again. Not really a problem.

Mojo
 
Re: What "Full Rolls" have been found?????

coinmojo said:
Rakattack said:
CHAINCHOMP said:
I don't get it. Do you get joy out of bumping old posts? :icon_scratch: The reason why threads die off is because they aren't of interest to people, so naturally, less responses.

Just curious :laughing7:

Old post can be revived. This subject is as relevent today as it were 4 years ago. I was impressed with this person digging in and reading older post. I was not ridiculing her. I think all should go back and read items that have been posted before especially if it's a subject that they are interested in. Many topics are discussed over and over again. Not really a problem.

Mojo

would have been better to recreate the thread then bumping though :), imo
 
Re: What "Full Rolls" have been found?????

I've gotten many "motherlodes" of half dollar rolls. My most significant one was back in May 2008 when I got 23 rolls of all Walking Liberty's and Franklin's. I think the totals were 16 rolls of WLH's and 7 rolls of Ben's. Not a kennedy in the bunch. Then about a year ago I got another 6 rolls of Walkers and Bens. Have also gotten 5 rolls of Kennedy 1964's at one time and numerous times have gotten as much as ten rolls of all 40%ers. This year alone I managed 10 rolls on Feb. 3rd, 4 rolls on April 7th and 8 rolls the very next day on April 8th. My lastest score was just today...2 complete rolls of silver. See the posting dated today "Day #7 BINGO! silver w/pix". Bottom line is if you are in a large metropolitan area and you keep at it, finding complete rolls of silver is not too rare. You just have to be lucky like I was today and all the other times.
rileyboy
 
Re: What "Full Rolls" have been found?????

Last year I got 2 rolls that turned out to be someones album - all dates, all mints minus 2-3 keys.
It was pretty crazy.
 
Re: What "Full Rolls" have been found?????

The best I ever got was a full bank tray of rolls of 1982 copper Pennies from a bank that closed 28 years ago. For those of you who don't know, that is the first year Zinc was added to the copper penny midway thru the year.
 
Re: What "Full Rolls" have been found?????

I found 2 solid rolls of 40% in January, my best 2 rolls ever for sure.

I also found 5 rolls half full of silver, 8-12 coins in each roll, some were 90%, I think that was my best day roll hunting yet, better than the 2 solid rolls.

another time like 2 months ago a bank had 1 roll, it contained 10 silvers

haven't had a sweet score like that in a while

when I was searching nickels when I first started roll hunting I got 16 full rolls of pre 60 nickels. I kept a bunch of them, and then took a bunch back to the bank. I really didn't know what they were worth. The oldest was a 39. so no buffaloes. I still coulda sold them on e-bay and done pretty good.
 
Re: What "Full Rolls" have been found?????

I've found a few solid rolls of 40%ers over the years and mulitiple solid rolls of wheat cents. Had a box awhile back that had quite a few solid rolls. Haven't seen any solid silver rolls of dimes or older nickels yet. But you never know.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom