What's new

WHAT IS IT? BUCKLE OR STRAP

outlaw007

Bronze Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
1,349
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Location
ILLINIOS
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
 

Attachments

  • P1030255.webp
    P1030255.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 468
  • P1030254.webp
    P1030254.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 466
Since its only going to cost me two-cents-worth to throw my hat into the ring, I go with the flower pot (household item) theory. Plus, posting my input is the only way I'll get notified when someone figures out what it really is. Also, I'm curious as to the gap measurement of the two lower prongs? If it was intended for mounting on leather, this gap would have to be fairly close ... say, 1/8 of an inch, or whatever the typical thickness of a leather belt/strap is. ???

Good Luck ... I'll be watching with interest!
 
Upvote 0
It may have been shiny plated at one time and made a pretty womans sash buckle. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
The appearance of the piece--and the style of attachment certainly look like they date from the first half of the 1800s.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom