Final.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 809

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
RealdeTayopa said:
K peeps :

It was/is still being used in the mining industry, but not by major miners or companies..

I am fascinated in just how logically in general you peeps work things out, so I threw this in for you to play with, plus it adds to the storehouse of temp. useless information heheheheh.

Tropical Tramp

Thanks TT

for lightening things up for us a bit in here.
It's nice to just have fun, huh.
Afterall, that is why we are here.

Keep em coming.
Have a favorable day!

Smiles!
BDoo

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=kenb link=]
Probe used to push TNT into drill holes for blasting!!!
kenb

Close, but no winner yet.

Also no metal is used in pushing explosives, spark problem = potential BOOM!.

Tropical Tramp

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RealdeTayopa said:
=kenb link=]
Probe used to push TNT into drill holes for blasting!!!
kenb

Close, but no winner yet.

Tropical Tramp
explain...what are you looking for?

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
After blasting, is it a tool used by the blast miner to come in a break loose/knock down any loose impediments and hanging rocks from above and sides prior to clearing the area safe for the crew to come in and remove all of the ore debris from the floor for processing and delivery to the surface. So the loose stuff doesn't fall on their heads while they are remove the blast debris.

Smiles!
BDoo

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boobydoo said:
After blasting, is it a tool used by the blast miner to come in a break loose/knock down any loose impediments and hanging rocks from above and sides prior to clearing the area safe for the crew to come in and remove all of the ore debris from the floor for processing and delivery to the surface. So the loose stuff doesn't fall on their heads while they are remove the blast debris.

Smiles!
BDoo
Sorry BDoo,I was asking ttramp what he means....this garden tool works like a blast auger....only it was used to loosen garden spots for planting....seems like this could be it!??

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Michelle said:
Boobydoo said:

Smiles!
BDoo
Sorry BDoo,I was asking ttramp what he means....this garden tool works like a blast auger....only it was used to loosen garden spots for planting....seems like this could be it!??

No worries Michelle, I wasn't replying to your comment.

I was taking another "guess" at the exact correct item as TT said that KenB's excellent guess was close but a bit off.
Although... my guess is probably wrong.

BDoo

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=dekalb33 ]
for pulling bread out of a hot adobe oven

Heheh they use paddles similar to an oar for this. They slde the paddlle under the bread then slide it out or to another position.

Good thinking though.

Tropical Trap

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=Boobydoo ]
Smiles!
BDoo

Quite correct Booby, there is a tool specifically designed for this, but, that is NOT what this tool is designed for, it is only 39" long x 3/8" in diameter.

Tropical Tramp

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RealdeTayopa said:
K Ladies, gentlemen, Id this for me. It is approx. 39" long x 3/8 " in diameter, with the flattened end approx. 3/4" in length and width. It is constructed of low grade iron.I o

I found it under perhaps 6" of topsoil with my trusty "GARRETT" ADS 7.

tropical tramp
is there a handle or is that the top edge of the pic....is it pointed and then on the other end curved?

Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Thats the top of the pic, it's pointed on one end and curved and flat on the other. We could use a little mor help on this, its just you, me and booby here

kenb

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okay so theres no handle like it looks in the pick? got it....so back to the board!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HMMMN No Doc, Gallum, Chagy Swr, etc?

Tropical Tramp

p.s. Mnay years ago they had a TV program called "what in the world". Members of the audience were encouraged to bring something to the studio to be presented to the panel o f 6 I believe.

They could a take a piece of pottery and tell who made it, when, his wife, and how many children he had.

Sheesh

Tropical Tamp

Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
OK, last try, its a cannary prod, miners used these to poke the cannary to determain wether they were asleep or had dyed from poisonous gas's.

kenb

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kenb said:
OK, last try, its a cannary prod, miners used these to poke the cannary to determain wether they were asleep or had dyed from poisonous gas's.

kenb
:D :D :D I believe its a cow poker

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    89.3 KB · Views: 551
Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
part of an old sway bar from an old jalopy...This is a guessing game right....how do you research something that sounds so typical...its a straight iron bar/stack with a small hook/curve on end ??? ??? huge barn door sash/lock...the taper on the top end looks like a sword....knife....maybe it's an unfinished start of a sword

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread