What's new

What is it

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is it 1628 on back could that be a date
 
reminds me of Ebenezer Scrooge in his nightcap.

images.webp

but :dontknow: since He was played by several Actors.
I'm sure I'm Wrong.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seems to have signature after 1628

.......
 
Upvote 0
Nice find. Sorry can’t help with the ID.
 
Upvote 0
That's probably a mold number.

EDIT- BTW It looks like a hot plate or trivet though I can't help on the man depicted.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's 1688
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Thanks jewelry guy

I thought the piece on my was for loop to until I noticed that it is solid
I'm still not convinced that this is a wall hanger or a cigar ashtray
Not to sure the guy from eBay know either lol
 
Upvote 0
I thought the piece on my was for loop to until I noticed that it is solid
I'm still not convinced that this is a wall hanger or a cigar ashtray
Not to sure the guy from eBay know either lol

Hmmm..... if they are from the same maker and series, then Jeff of PA might be onto something with his hunch about it looking like Scrooge. They could be parts of some kind of Christmas Carol set
 
Upvote 0
It's different for sure.Congrats
 
Upvote 0
Is it flat enough to be a trivet? Does the nose stick up too high? I can't get a good sense of the shape...
 
Upvote 0
I like the Christmas Carol route. Jacob Marley is often depicted with the cloth tied around his head, as is the case with the ebay sellers item.
 

Attachments

  • marley.webp
    marley.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 73
  • marley2.webp
    marley2.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0
Nose is standing out

So it wouldn't be able to have stuff set on it
 
Upvote 0
Looks to Me like it would work as an ash Tray, in a pinch.
But I doubt it is one.
it doesn't have Anti roll indents to place cigars and cigarettes

index.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I also thought cigar ashtray with man wearing smoking cap
 
Upvote 0
I like the Christmas Carol route. Jacob Marley is often depicted with the cloth tied around his head, as is the case with the ebay sellers item.

I'm liking that, too. It makes sense.
 
Upvote 0
So it wouldn't be able to have stuff set on it

In the picture of the back, it looks like it is laying flush on the surface. If that is the case, then the nose doesn't protrude above the surface and you could put something flat on it.
 
Upvote 0
Do a Google Image search on 'Vintage brass face ashtrays'. I didn't see a match but there are a number of similar examples - cat, sailor, devil, moon...

I vote ashtray.
 
Upvote 0
Doubter did you see the pic I posted the nose would not let anything sit stable on it mold sticks out
 
Upvote 0
Doubter did you see the pic I posted the nose would not let anything sit stable on it mold sticks out

So when you flip it upside down on a flat surface the piece rocks back and forth?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom