What is the best metal detector on the market?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
8,318
2,870
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You will get answers like this if a guy uses a whites it will be a whites if he uses a garrett it will be a garrett if he uses a minelab it will be a mine lab and on & on.. but from what i see and read to me it would be a Fisher for gold. And a fisher f75 for a all around detector.. gold coins jewlery.. but for a all around detector that new fisher gold bug 3 is what i hear is a good all around detector gold coins & jewlery. When it comes on the market i will have to get one of the .. new gold bug 3 i saw a write up and a video on findmall about the new gold bug 3
 

Attachments

  • Goldbug1.jpg
    Goldbug1.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 3,719
  • Goldbug1.jpg
    Goldbug1.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 3,131

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
5,906
58
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the best one on the planet, is the one that you feel the most comfortable with
and performs the way you want it to. within reason.
 

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
8,318
2,870
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sniffer said:
the best one on the planet, is the one that you feel the most comfortable with
and performs the way you want it to. within reason.
Sniffer.. He gave you the best answer you can get..
 

OP
OP
T
Jan 18, 2010
2
0
Rando said:
Who is the most beautiful child on the planet?

YOURS....


Seriously, though.. Just look around here for a while.

If you're just looking to go out and buy the "best Detector in the World" so you can instantly get rich and famous, the hobby doesn't need you. I DO NOT mean this in an insulting manner, but it is becoming more and more common, and those that do this don't take the time to learn or love things and then bail, leaving the rest of us to deal with their legacy.


So, sit back, look at the finds, learn and have a good time.

:icon_thumright:


WELCOME!!!

Thank you for your answers, I will look into the Fisher one, I by no means wish to get rich or famous just pursue a new hobby but I can understand how my direct, blunt and ignorant question would be construed as otherwise.

I just want to get the best detector to find what Im most interested in without having to buy and go through many different ones, rather pick the brains of the more experienced users and get it right the first purchase.

Thanks and any further suggestions appreciated, I cant seem to find a poll or anything or any articles to help me choose one are there any such resources?
 

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
1,629
153
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All depends if your after processed gold (rings/coins) or natural gold.

If its nuggets, then the size of gold in your area is what counts. If you need to go deep and minerals are bad then the VLF based machines are not going to do you much good which is why Minelabs pulse machines still rule the roost over there.

You also have to consider if your going to get the best value from a specifically designed gold machine. In some areas the MXT will be sufficient or even the Teknetics T2 which are fetching huge sums on E-Bay as they have been found to work so well in Africa. Then when not gold hunting you can successfully coin hunt if you want.
 

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
13,398
3,992
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.K. Brian said:
All depends if your after processed gold (rings/coins) or natural gold.

If its nuggets, then the size of gold in your area is what counts. If you need to go deep and minerals are bad then the VLF based machines are not going to do you much good which is why Minelabs pulse machines still rule the roost over there.

You also have to consider if your going to get the best value from a specifically designed gold machine. In some areas the MXT will be sufficient or even the Teknetics T2 which are fetching huge sums on E-Bay as they have been found to work so well in Africa. Then when not gold hunting you can successfully coin hunt if you want.

This is what I first thought too. Gold comes in natural form and manufactured, like jewelry. Both do best with different types of detectors and coils. Spending the top dollar for the most expensive detector might not give you the fun you are looking for. Some people still can't set the correct time on the DVD player and should stay away from the programmable ones.
 

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
10,386
2,656
UK
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow:

Will you be hunting land or beach :dontknow: if you can do both, then I suggest a detector that works well on land, and on the beach :thumbsup:
 

kamgort

Hero Member
Dec 23, 2009
520
22
Perm
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Model NO.: GS-PN Golden Scoprio
Trademark: CST
Origin: China
Product Description

Detailed Product Description
The Ground Search series Model GS-PN Advanced Metal Detector is a top quality metal detector and the most sensitive of all the Gold Centurydetectors. The advanced features of this unit will allow you to findtreasure that others have missed!

This model is intended for the experienced treasure hunter who demand high performance and extreme sensitivity.

The meter will indicate the type of metal found.

Many of the advanced features of this unit will not be found in any other detectors at any price.

The Carbon Fiber lower shaft and unbreakable Nylon connecting hardware significantly increase the sensitivity of this unit by keeping all unnecessary metal parts as far from the detection coil as possible.

The waterproof coil will allow you search in shallow water at the beach where most Gold rings are found.

It can be used in several modes:

* All metal mode -Just that, any metal object will be detected. Also functions as pinpointing mode by emitting a steady tone that gets louder the closer youare to the target center. Motion is no required in this mode. Thesensitivity is fully adjustable. Ground balance can be pre set ormanually adjusted.
* Discrimination Mode- While thedetector is in motion it will emitted different tones based on themetal type detected. The signal strength will also be displayed. Thesensitivity and Discrimination levels are fully adjustable. The groundBalance is fully automatic in this mode.

We consider thisno frills model to be the most sensitive of all metal detectors. Itexceptional performance but priced at mid range prices. Don't be fooledby the low price. We guarantee that this detector will out perform anyother detectors in it class
 

Attachments

  • Under-Ground-Search-Metal-Detector-GX-.jpg
    Under-Ground-Search-Metal-Detector-GX-.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 3,631

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
1,629
153
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machine Kamgort has in his picture is exactly the same as the one sold in Britain a few years back. A sort of plastic copy of the Whites 6000 Pro SL but without the performance. It sold around £99 which would have been $200 then. The price later dropped to £69.

For £69 it wasn't to bad (10 inches on a large coin) BUT, the recovery speed was pretty bad and the one person I know who bought one wore out the mode switch within a year. My old Spectrum around 15 years old is just getting float in its switch. If you only had £69 not to bad a buy because you don't get much secondhand for that type of money and hopefully you would have a dealers warranty.
 

Digger82

Full Member
Mar 5, 2009
183
69
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The detector Kamgort has in his picture. My first machine was that horrible machine with different name,it was so bad that i dont recommend it to even to my worst enemy. :BangHead:
 

Treasure finder

Sr. Member
Apr 4, 2006
464
58
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
The best detector for me was an old Goldak 720 in the early 70's. It was the best because it got
me started detecting. There have been many other bests since then, Gardiner, Compass, Fisher,
and so on. Today the best gold detector is the Garrett Infinium (if you are hunting gold underwater
or in a river) And it is the best because it is waterproof. However it is heavy, so on dry ground
there are many other bests if you want a lightweight detector you can swing for 8 hours. Then
there is price, how much gold do you have to find to pay off a Minelab 4500 versus a Fisher goldbug
or one of the others. How much time do you have to detect and where are you detecting? In
very mineralized soil you want a PI like the Infinium, the White's TDI, or the Minelabs. Try joining
a mining or metal detecting club if there is one nearby and see what they are using. In other words
there are lots of good choices, but it is pretty much up to you, and you may go through a few
different machines before you are satisfied. Also, where are you going to be nugget shootins?
It would help to know. Good luck,
Rich
 

kamgort

Hero Member
Dec 23, 2009
520
22
Perm
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
jhettel said:
sounds to me like Kamgort is a dealer, junk dealer.
DO NOT have to try on the bad devices on .Ya gave an example of what China does. :laughing7:
 

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
6,729
7,574
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are looking for nothing but gold (and money is not THAT much of an object), in my opinion, you really have two main choices:

Minelab GPX4500 Gold machine

http://www.minelab.com/usa/products/gold-detectors/gpx-4500

Eric Foster Goldscan Series

http://www.surfscanner.com/Surfscan3/EFoster.html

Eric Foster was the guy that Whites licensed his Pulse Induction Technology on all their new PI Detectors. Eric Foster is pretty much the modern father of Pulse Induction Technology in Metal Detecting.

Best-Mike
 

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
4,305
416
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kamgort said:
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Model NO.: GS-PN Golden Scoprio
Trademark: CST
Origin: China
Product Description

Detailed Product Description
The Ground Search series Model GS-PN Advanced Metal Detector is a top quality metal detector and the most sensitive of all the Gold Centurydetectors. The advanced features of this unit will allow you to findtreasure that others have missed!

This model is intended for the experienced treasure hunter who demand high performance and extreme sensitivity.

The meter will indicate the type of metal found.

Many of the advanced features of this unit will not be found in any other detectors at any price.

The Carbon Fiber lower shaft and unbreakable Nylon connecting hardware significantly increase the sensitivity of this unit by keeping all unnecessary metal parts as far from the detection coil as possible.

The waterproof coil will allow you search in shallow water at the beach where most Gold rings are found.

It can be used in several modes:

* All metal mode -Just that, any metal object will be detected. Also functions as pinpointing mode by emitting a steady tone that gets louder the closer youare to the target center. Motion is no required in this mode. Thesensitivity is fully adjustable. Ground balance can be pre set ormanually adjusted.
* Discrimination Mode- While thedetector is in motion it will emitted different tones based on themetal type detected. The signal strength will also be displayed. Thesensitivity and Discrimination levels are fully adjustable. The groundBalance is fully automatic in this mode.

We consider thisno frills model to be the most sensitive of all metal detectors. Itexceptional performance but priced at mid range prices. Don't be fooledby the low price. We guarantee that this detector will out perform anyother detectors in it class

Let me guess. You got sucked into buying one of these things and you're trying to unload it.
 

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top