What's new

What is this? (find near Centralia PA)

leah in pa

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 16, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went walking off a trail in Centralia PA today, and found this about a foot down next to a broken glass bottle. I'm guessing its an old pull tab for glass bottles? :laughing9:

Any idea?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6560.webp
    IMG_6560.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 547
I grew up in a small town in the hard rock mining area of No. California. Every spring there would be a cave in somwhere (usually under the football field of the Junior High). A hole would open up 10-15 ft. wide and 8 ft. deep. They just filled it in and went on. I can't imagine a hole opening up into a huge depth of a 2000 degree fiery pit. And yes, I suppose it could follow a seam to the next town. Wouldn't even have to have been mined. That fire could be on the border of Kansas for a possiblity.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom