bigcypresshunter said:Could it be from a rifle sling? We need more pics from different angles including one from the bottom.
creskol said:What does it say on the top of it ..45 gw something it looks like?![]()
where? This pic is out of focus. The lens may be too close.allan said:I see it on this picture
bigcypresshunter said:where? This pic is out of focus. The lens may be too close.allan said:I see it on this picture

Ah good ID Taz. I knew it looked very familiar but I couldnt place it. They have been posted here before. I recognized the smashed rivet like bottom and yes it swivels (turns). I believe one is solved. Probably from a dog chain.taz42o said:Looks like a swivel off of something.
taz42o said:Looks like a swivel off of something.
Is the coal fire still burning in Centralia ?
bigcypresshunter said:Ah good ID Taz. I knew it looked very familiar but I couldnt place it. They have been posted here before. I recognized the smashed rivet like bottom and yes it swivels (turns). I believe one is solved. Probably from a dog chain.taz42o said:Looks like a swivel off of something.
Ill try and look for some better pics but something like this. It may even be 2 pieces broken off and rusted together.
Nice pics. I dunno. Maybe Im wrong.leah in pa said:camera pictures:
leah in pa said:taz42o said:Looks like a swivel off of something.
Is the coal fire still burning in Centralia ?
Yes still burning, still visible smoke coming out of the ground in some places. I go there 1-2 times a year and every time the landscape looks a little different near the cemetery where all the smoke is coming up.
.......NGEnotgittinenny said:If the coal fires are still burning, then why do you have to wait till spring for ground to thaw.......NGE


It started in 62 I think but took 20 years to reach the city. I wonder if it will reach another city.High Plains Digger said:Wow. Learned something new. I knew there were coal seam fires, we have a couple here in Colorado that flare up occasionally, but one that wipes out a whole city? Amazing. I assume this is high on a hill somewhere so that when the local river floods, it will never reach an opening an flood the mine. I am just agog with amazement!