What's new

What is this? How old?

jnicholes

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Messages
530
Reaction score
1,828
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I have not been on for a while, I found something recently I wanted to show you all. I found it at a thrift store, and it looks very old. Made completely out of metal, and very heavy. I think it's an antique of some kind.

20190421_084557.webp

On the handle, it says L F&C New Britain Conn USA. On the side it says Universal with a big number 2.

The best thing I can come up with so far is that it's a meat grinder. What do you guys think? How old do you think it is?

I bought it for $10, by the way.

Jared
 
I have one that wass my grandmother's and one that is from my mother. I use mine every year to make cabbage soup to freeze. However, they come with (at least) 4 different grinding heads, depending on what you want to grind up.
 
Upvote 0
We use an identical one for cranberry sauce or making ham salad. ;-)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom