What's new

what is this?lined with sinew, holedrilled in bowl, one mid way up. finger grooves

Justin P

Greenie
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
ForumRunner_20130216_012141.webp



ForumRunner_20130216_012223.webp



ForumRunner_20130216_012303.webp
 
Upvote 0
It may be natural but am not a bone expert. The holes were for blood vessels and nerves. I do not understand that socket being so far back or cupped like that. What area of the country or animal do you think it is?
Welcome to T-Net.
 
It is short could it be a hind leg of a boar or porcine?
 
It is around 6 or 7 inches in length. Found in south Georgia. i have been looking for two days and have found a small blade part of a arrow head and a small stone hammer in the same area.
 
Could be part of a leg of a white tail. Thanks for the welcome!
 
It seems to be worked to where the fingers fit perfect with the shape of the piece. And upon cleaning it i pulled out from the inside what I believe to be a long black hair. I have a witness!
 
Multi purpose striking tool? It can be held in differnt ways to serve the purpose. The just noticed how one side, the side that was in the dirt is rough and the other is smooth. Not shure if this is natural but you can hold it like a bar and strike down. The other way you can hold it is like a hammer and there are marks to show this purpose that were not exposed to the soil. Im hooked
 
maybe a fawn?
 
It isn't very old I don't think. The hair was most likely left from the decaying hog. I see no human alteration.
 
It being a hog bone does make sense. A good direction for further reseach. Thank you for the input
 
Welcome aboard by the way
 
hey justin welcome to tnet

i think it is just a bone......the hole in the center is where the marrow was which has decayed and is gone

let's have a look at the blade and hammer you found
 
Thanks and glad to be part of the group. No pics of the other things and on the road. I will post just as soon as I can.
 
I like your avatar!
 
Looks like a pig's humerus (upper arm bone) that died within the last three years.

mystery138.webp
 
Posting the other items now along with some better pics of the humeros pig bone just for a second look.
 
justin i like the bonnyblue on the confederate flag
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom