What's new

what is this on the back of a half?

markmopar

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
967
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this half in a box last week. the thing on the back is copper and it ain't coming off.
it has the number 20 up top and 'COPIA' on the bottom and what looks like a desert scene in between with cactus on one side.

330321058.jpg

330321051.jpg


edited to fix pic...
 
Upvote 0
Wrong picture... but the odds are that is a commemorative.

They are QUITE rare to get, as having looked through TONS of boxes I have yet to have a single one.

They come in all differnet designs and mark different special events. Some are QUITE cool looking, and the old ones are silver if old enough.

~Dave
 
What does the front look like?
 
One glance tells me..................magic coin...............
 
So is there supposed to be another piece? this thing is thicker than a half already and I can't see another part covering it.
 
Looks like it was inserted backwards, is it Kennedy's head on the other side? it should come apart. Then it becomes more clear as how how the trick coins works, But if it was put in backwards. It may be hard to get out as the are cut at a slight angle so they can come out easier,
1. Is the edge Reeded? if so, you have the whole coin.
 
yes the edge is reeded and Kennedy is on the other side. Looks like you're right Dave!

It's a little odd. I've never found a magician's coin before and now I've got two inside a week.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom