My brother found this in a South-western Washington State stream in the forest. It appears to be made of stone, and is almost a perfect sphere. Anyone know what it could be? Perhaps a native american game piece or weapon of some sort?
Possible but when not found in context with other artifacts the odds drop sharply. It seems mother nature made many perfectly round rocks of various sizes.
So with out other actual artifacts it would fall into the category of "round rocks".
Welcome to t-net and look forward to reading your post
I have found several old turn of the century logging sites in that area, but they really didn't have much use for cannons there, but a description of southwest is pretty vague...
What I can see from photo is that it's not much bigger than a silver dollar, more pics would help. It's a good findDue to the size, if it is stone it may be a game stone, to small I think for a weapon or mother nature can do some awesome things with stone.