What is this

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this metal piece today. I am
Thinking copper.
Chinese monk maybe?
Chinese god?
Any thoughts of what it is or what it was used for?
Age?
IMG_4663.JPG
IMG_4662.JPG
IMG_4661.JPG

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Google image search is almost useless in my personal experience and opinion, unless the image is public and came from google to begin with that is. Can't help on the Buddha but it's a nice find. Here is what I mean by google image search, try googling this image...

View attachment 1460931

Ok thanks for explaining it.

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the interest of full disclosure, I have identified a couple of mystery paintings using Google Reverse Image Search. But in each case there were other versions of the same painting on the net.

I typically use Google Image to ID relics on this forum. The trick is discovering the identifying terms used by the unknown person who posted a similar object. More generic terms bring more results which requires more "eyeballing" and I simply don't have time to scroll through so many possibilities. More specific terms rarely bring viable results. I've learned through experience which terms seem to work best. Still, it is often tedious and frustrating.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
In the interest of full disclosure, I have identified a couple of mystery paintings using Google Reverse Image Search. But in each case there were other versions of the same painting on the net.

I typically use Google Image to ID relics on this forum. The trick is discovering the identifying terms used by the unknown person who posted a similar object. More generic terms bring more results which requires more "eyeballing" and I simply don't have time to scroll through so many possibilities. More specific terms rarely bring viable results. I've learned through experience which terms seem to work best. Still, it is often tedious and frustrating.

In your opinion, would it benefit TN to have the OP post an image WITHOUT a size reference?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread