What's new

✅ SOLVED What is this?

lv2sign804

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2013
Messages
55
Reaction score
80
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gloucester
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was found a while back, but have never been able to figure out what this is. Any ideas? Looks like Egyptian figure with 3 green stones or glass on each side. Any help would be great. Thank you as always in advance!
 

Attachments

  • 20190104_184432.webp
    20190104_184432.webp
    267.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 20190104_184144.webp
    20190104_184144.webp
    302.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 20190104_184055.webp
    20190104_184055.webp
    230.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 20190104_184036.webp
    20190104_184036.webp
    240.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 20190104_184557.webp
    20190104_184557.webp
    312.7 KB · Views: 80
Where was it found? Lots of Egyptian jewelry from the '20's after the discover of King Tut's tomb....???
 
Upvote 0
At flirst glance I thought it was part of a boot or shoe decoration.

Have you checked for silver ?
 
Upvote 0
At an old home site here in virginia
 
Upvote 0
the back definitely looks like a broach/pin?
 
Upvote 0
Has a pin or bar broken off of the back.. My guess is a hair barrette
 
Upvote 0
I haven't found any markings on it for silver, in fact I'm not seeing any markings on the back at all. It looks to be brass, maybe?
 
Upvote 0
the wife (hairdresser) says hair pin...but we are arguing the fact it could be bent afterwards...
 
Upvote 0
Now that I look at it, I think you're right. Liarmo. The pin has broken off, but see the piece that the pin was supposed to be on. So do you think maybe 20's as you were saying?
 
Upvote 0
I tried googling it but there are SO many.... I think 20's, yes...
 
Upvote 0
Here's a closer picture. It's a pin! Thank you all for your help!
 

Attachments

  • 20190104_200117.webp
    20190104_200117.webp
    973.2 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0
Its a pin...

Egyptian revival.

Sorry,,, thought I typed that while ago.
 
Upvote 0
Pin "bar" to be exact.

Has nothing to do with hair.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Good ID nice relic as well!!!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is it?
Replies
24
Views
2K
Replies
12
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom