What is your strangest find?

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok, maybe this was a previous thread on this forum or another popular forum. Well I am not sure so here is mine.

When hunting along the Chattahoochee River in a popular park along the river I was seeking some more wheat pennies. I had found a few in the woods near the river bank a month earlier. I was using my AT Pro and got a good signal, but it seemed rather large. So what the heck, my curious nature got the best of me. Ugh! It was an buried aluminum cooking type pan full of what looked like Animal organs and four small burnt candles in each corner. I quickly covered it up and did not carry that out of the park as maybe I should have done. It was disgusting and stunk to high heaven.

Keep in mind that Atlanta is hugely multi-cultural in terms of immigrants (you guys in podunk Kansas are lucky I guess) and I was told by a Department of Nature Resources officer later that month that they have had to run some people from Haiti out of the park for conducting animal mutilations ceremonies. About a month later in that same area walking my dog (a Brittany) he pointed at the base of a mountain laurel bush and darn if there wasn't a live rooster hiding there. I guess he escaped one of their ceremonies. We just left the rooster alone to his own fate. What would I have done with a rooster?

Another time I pulled a 2 foot colorful like plastic statue of some Goddess of India with four arms out of the water. Thinking it was neat, took it home and put it in my back yard under some bamboo growing in one corner. Later that afternoon I has some very severe back pain. took me 2-3 minutes to get in and out of my car and mostly had to lay down. I took the godess back to the river and chunked her back where I found her in 2-3 feet of water. Later had to go to hospital back clinic and found that I just had some weak back muscles from sitting at the computer too long each day. They gave some pain meds and back exercises. In three weeks pain was gone as my muscles got stronger. So was this voodoo or just a coincidence?

Upvote 2

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
merry widows tin in the middle of the woods nothing else
purple fabric the newest thing i found there was 1920
a jar full of animal teeth i left it in the woods

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guitar tuning tool in the woods, hadn't been there long
Brass hotel name tag from the 80's in the woods

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the strangest thing that I have found so far would be a brass handcuff key down in a swamp.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions