What's new

What me worry?

Deftone

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2006
Messages
830
Reaction score
1,173
Golden Thread
0
Location
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was hunting an early 1900's spot and come up with this. Sure was better than a nail or staple! These r my best pics before battery failure.

The 1st pic has what seems as it may have had a hinge. The opposite side has a spot that looks like it woulda snapped shut. 2nd pic is a side view.. :tongue3: Shopping list....batteries. check
 

Attachments

  • 666.webp
    666.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 513
  • 555.webp
    555.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 501
These What Is Its are getting harder and harder as time goes by. There are not so many easy ones here anymore. What key words would a googleholic use?

When you get the camera working again, it may help to post a few more pics. While the 2 pics are good, I cant seem to visualize this thing. :icon_scratch:

Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Looks like it could the metal spring thing inside the "old geezer's" snap close change purse. You know, the leather one that you squeeze at top to open it, then when you let go, it snaps shut again.........NGE Here, look at 3rd. pic down http://www.emocs.com/coinpurse.htm
 
Upvote 0
nowgittineverything said:
Looks like it could the metal spring thing inside the "old geezer's" snap close change purse. You know, the leather one that you squeeze at top to open it, then when you let go, it snaps shut again.........NGE Here, look at 3rd. pic down http://www.emocs.com/coinpurse.htm
You may have it. I remember my grandfather always carried one in his pocket. That was back in the day when change was worth something.
 
Upvote 0
Bigcy, I have since graduated to the "zippered" leather change purse, it will accommodate 10 dollars in clad quarters easily :laughing9:............NGE
 
Upvote 0
OOOhh sweet thanx for some leads! :headbang: :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
I think this is the item usually referred to as junque or crappe' by the elitist metal detectorists? Me? I haven't a clue. :wink: Monty
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
I think this is the item usually referred to as junque or crappe' by the elitist metal detectorists? Me? I haven't a clue. :wink: Monty
LOL Monty always has a sense of humor.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom