Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
LL..first off, WELCOME to T-Net! :hello:

Best place for you to start your search is:

Steve's Guide to Gold Nugget Detectors

Then, using the search feature on this site, do some reading of past
threads on the same subject. Then, you'll much more of an idea of
what will be required to do the type of searching you wish to do.

I got the gold bug pro a few months back and I had some help understanding the machine. But for the most part it's a pretty easy detector to understand, I love it :)

If your wading and swing'n mostly IN the creeks that makes selection very simple; the Garrett AT Gold. Supplement the standard coil with the smallest one available and you should be good to go.

AT Gold is a great starting place. I was leaning Infinium myself but am now waiting to check out the new Garrett PI. The AT gets you good discrimination; the Infinium gets you hot rock handling. My theory is I do not mind investigating a nail in a crevice in a creek, as some gold may settle there also. So I am more a PI kind of guy. But an AT would be a much more versatile machine.

Thanks for the plug DizzyDigger

New Earth Scrubbers

So Mr. Steve, your inkling is the new Garrett will be a PI unit, interesting! My thinking is that the "New Garrett" machine IF it is any good at all will spark other competitors to improve their equipment or come out with absolutely new machines with comparable or slightly better capabilities to the new Garrett earth scrubber. IF any one of them, including Garrett, puts out a machine that is obviously way better than what exists now there could be a tremendous shift in the market place at least from those types that are seriously interested in Working to find gold and that company will have a significant jump in its yearly income. I guess we must wait and see! Any comments?...............63bkpkr

Only 10' and almost 6lbs is NOT good. They have 2 units already that go MUCH deeper by 100s a feet. John

I think people always expect too much of new detectors and are invariably disappointed when they are not "game changers".

I have never metal detected 100 feet under water so 10 feet works or me. I am not happy about the weight though. Guess I will have another detector that needs a harness and bungee.

Getting properly PADI certified safely opens up a whole world a gold/artifacts/treasures past 10' to a 100'+-My personal advice to ya is rent,borrow ,use any unit you want to buy as we are ALL much different in our likes/dislikes and once bought it's like vehicles then used and value plumets,err on the side a caution and be sure first is all-John

I've had my 250 for 10 months now and feel i have mastered 99% of it, although it still catches me out sometimes, i am struggling to find a reason to upgrade to anything else. It does everything very satisfactorily and if it is there the Ace 250 will find it at a good 8 inches. I will be stick with mine until someone can convince me otherwise.

Thanks

I've had my 250 for 10 months now and feel i have mastered 99% of it, although it still catches me out sometimes, i am struggling to find a reason to upgrade to anything else. It does everything very satisfactorily and if it is there the Ace 250 will find it at a good 8 inches. I will be stick with mine until someone can convince me otherwise.

Thanks

It's like the saying "Beware of the man with only one rifle, he knows how to use it."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back