What's new

WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY....UPDATE

finderzzs

Bronze Member
Joined
May 2, 2007
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
423
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
I got to the beach yesterday morning just as a women hunting the dry sand was ending her morning. She hadn't seen me coming yet and I watched her go through her pouch of finds, next thing I know, she's throwing all her trash out onto the beach everywhere. WTH??? I mean there are garbage cans everywhere... That's the kind of people that give TH'ers a bad rep. Seriously...

SO GUESS WHO WAS AT THE BEACH YESTERDAY MORNING?? YUP, TOSSING EVERY FIND AS FAR AS SHE COULD THROW IT. I WAS OUT IN THE WATER, BUT I CAME IN AND TOLD THE MAINTENCE GUYS, BUT SHE MADE A BEELINE FOR THE EXIT... SHE SEEMS TO LEAVE BEFORE THE LIFEGUARDS COME ON DUTY @ 9AM.
 
Upvote 0
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

I think i'd had to say something like "Wow! Can you believe people could be so inconsiderate as to throw all that garbage on the beach? How trashy is that? I'll bet their house looks the same way, just as trashy."

Sometimes a little embarassment goes a long way.
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

I hope you let them know that. I hate that too. One time years ago, I was on Siesta beach, and a group of 3-4 detectors from Orlando were there, I think they had CZ-20s. They also didnt pick up their trash, they threw it back down. They also didnt fill their holes. How stupid is that? I realized that after they left and I posted about it that night. I detected behind where they had gridded(dragging their scoops) and they missed everything. Lots of coins, but that was the dry sand. And they threw any trash right on the ground or back into its hole. I dont know if it was just one of them or they all did it. It makes a very bad name for all detectors. And there is a garbage can at every exit on the beach. I always take any junk I find and remove it from the beach.
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

Ridiculous...I woulda reamed her and made her feel like trash as well.
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

When we see things like this we all need to step in and say something to the offender. If all we do is watch and then complain on a forum site like this nothing will ever change and we'll all keep that poor image we try so hard to get rid of.
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

I agree with pointing out to her that not taking the trash they have out with them they could find the same junk again the next time they hunt there. Many just do the dumping of trash to slow down the completion, namely us. There should be a Bounty on these dead heads. :angry5:
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

What a cow! It gives us all a bad name. I fill my holes. I show my trash to people. I talk to their bratty kids. I give them a green quarter. I answer peoples questions. Why? To promote the hobby. Perception goes a very long way.
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

I empy mine 2-3 times during a hunt and when people see what I toss in the trash their eyes get huge.
Myself I would have said something and then I would have done like that tv commercial where the guy threw his foam coffee cup out and the other guy picked it up and all other trash that people left and made a tree on his car.LOL that would've got the point across.
drewan
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

Did you raise hell with her ?
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

i would have told her i had it on video and made her pick her mess up if she didnt want me to call the cops. if she refused i would have busted her detector!
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

Follow them and then when you can, deposit a caltrop under their tire.

Works for me.
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

Right after she flung a knife or something into the beach rental chairs, she looked up and saw me and waved. I said "What the hell and shrugged my shoulders, letting her at least know I saw what she did. She then scooted for the exit. People... And yes I take every piece of garbage out and trash it. Notice how many people that are not wearing a trash pouch? Where do you think their trash is going? Right back in the sand/water.
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

Good for you finderzzs, you made your point understood :thumbsup:
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

I'm sorry, but I would have reamed her a new one! She would have heard it from me in no uncertain terms, (she would have heard it and everyone else in earshot too!) What a scumbag! It takes a piece of trash to throw trash on the ground, and even more so if you just picked it up detecting. icon_hunter.gifHock Pugh!!
 

Attachments

  • icon_hunter.gif
    icon_hunter.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,308
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

Finderzs
I would have very politely said to her that her actions were exactly what we as detectorists did not want people to think of, I would have asked her if she has ever heard of the THr Code of Ethics! And then mabey asked her what her house looked like?
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

I see this all over NSB and Daytona... sad I say, there are cans on poles every 50 feet, douchebaggery I say!!! :o OFF WITH THEIR HEADS...
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

Did you clean it up?
I'd a been all "HEY".. and if she didnt clean it I woulda...
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

The sad thing is that there are people like this woman all over that think everyone owes them and they do not owe anyone else anything . I have learned that if you point them out to everyone and let them know then they will go away most of the time or at least not do what they were doing .

I take a little pride in what I and we do and leaving things better that when I got there if I can,this is what I try to do .

Another thing is if a reporter was going to do a news story on people detecting on the beach this person would lead the story .
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

If you don't say anything they will continue doing it. I raised hell with a woman that left a dirty diper on the beach after changing the child. I am sure she will think twice about doing it again after the chewing out I gave her in front of a lot of people. There are many inconsiderate people out there.
 
Re: WHAT THE HECK!!! SERIOUSLY

Twit's like her make my head want to explode! :angry5:
I would have gave that turd a tongue lashin to make a sailor blush!

They need a large "L" hot branded on their forehead for all to see.


All my dug trash, and a bunch that I just come across as I'm swingin the beeper goes to the trash barrel.
It's not like they are hard to find, even a blind caveman can do it!

Montauk3 said:
Follow them and then when you can, deposit a caltrop under their tire.

Just step on tires valve stem, pop's em right out of the rim most of the time! :laughing7:
Like to see the look on their face as they try to inflate that tire! :icon_scratch:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom