What the range

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that would be very difficult, I do not like to go over 20 feet in fresh water. good luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
200 meters is over 650 feet, hook on to a 200 pound object how will you get it up, you would need a winch to handle that much rope or cable plus weight of rope would add several hundred pounds to weight of object being retrieved.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A steel cable and winch might do it...

Most rope has an elastic/stretch nature to it. The longer the rope the more stretch.
Once the stretch is taken up , you're committed to the force being applied. Releasing tension means something has to give. In my case , the boat rocks. Though tension controls the amount.
I've had a boat gunnel pulled to the waterline almost in shallow water (a dozen feet maybe) pulling on too much weight....Felt like a large engine block kind of weight. It held fast. And likely remains there....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A steel cable and winch might do it...

Most rope has an elastic/stretch nature to it. The longer the rope the more stretch.
Once the stretch is taken up , you're committed to the force being applied. Releasing tension means something has to give. In my case , the boat rocks. Though tension controls the amount.
I've had a boat gunnel pulled to the waterline almost in shallow water (a dozen feet maybe) pulling on too much weight....Felt like a large engine block kind of weight. It held fast. And likely remains there....

At that depth it would have to be a steel cable and a winch would be required to even retrieve the cable with out anything on it.

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess i should of explained more .. i seen super magnets that can be turned on and off like a electric magnet ..i can only get a small fishing boat to use in my search of a area where the fishermen complain about there nets hanging up and getting caught on something ... there was possible 3 war wrecks in this area my dad told me about ... i was hoping to drop a camera with a light with the magnet if its possible ..any ideas ......looking to photo a 40 ton to 6000 ton target ...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Underwater drone camera's are not cheap for quality ones...

As to Philippine's wrecks , I'd need to know the laws before pursuing a magnets use on one.

The fishermen finding structures with nets might be a good future network.
Perhaps they have notes on some shallower structures?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread