Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When one is completely alone on Christmas Eve, what to do?

I'm used to being alone, don't expect it to change. So....what to do? Why......go for a walk, of course!
1224211416~2.jpg

1224211647~2.jpg

1224211648~2.jpg

Not too terrible a way to spend a day. But....loses a bit....when one considers, its Christmas Eve. Having trouble differentiating this from any old day of the year. :dontknow:

At least I got a ring. The Claddagh is silver, I believe. Its marked 241 though?

I have another puzzlement too. What the heck are all those modern coins doing in the middle of a cornfield!!?? :icon_scratch:
Merry Christmas Eve.

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 36

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that tune...

The Men that Don't Fit In​

by Robert W. Service

There's A race of men that don't fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will. They range the field and they rove the flood, And they climb the mountain's crest; Theirs is the curse of the gypsy blood, And they don't know how to rest. If they just went straight they might go far, They are strong and brave and true; But they're always tired of the things that are, And they want the strange and new. They say: "Could I find my proper groove, What a deep mark I would make!" So they chop and change, and each fresh move Is only a fresh mistake. And each forgets, as he strips and runs With a brilliant, fitful pace, It's the steady, quiet, plodding ones Who win in the lifelong race. And each forgets that his youth has fled, Forgets that his prime is past, Till he stands one day, with a hope that's dead, In the glare of the truth at last. He has failed, he has failed; he has missed his chance; He has just done things by half. Life's been a jolly good joke on him, And now is the time to laugh. Ha, ha! He is one of the Legion Lost; He was never meant to win; He's a rolling stone, and it's bred in the bone; He's a man who won't fit in.
Thank you RC,Service is the true Champion of the odd man out.His life and prose show that.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I look at it.
I used to go fishing alone. I started (10 years) detecting on my own, until Cru'dad joined me.
For me Xmas is for the kids, I have no issues on my own.
There is only a problem with that if you make it yourself.
There is something to be said for respect. Especially if one did a lifetime of sacrificing so others had the opportunity to succeed. Respect isn't handed. It is *earned*! But if the effort has been done, the success realized. Then......its time to throw out the old? After all, they've served their purpose. No more use for them.

Tell me, how many filled your house this Christmas? Were you wished a few Merry's? Some family and friends around? Maybe even opened a gift this day?

Respect is supposed to come with the territory and besides.....I have *EARNED* it!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is something to be said for respect. Especially if one did a lifetime of sacrificing so others had the opportunity to succeed. Respect isn't handed. It is *earned*! But if the effort has been done, the success realized. Then......its time to throw out the old? After all, they've served their purpose. No more use for them.

Tell me, how many filled your house this Christmas? Were you wished a few Merry's? Some family and friends around? Maybe even opened a gift this day?

Respect is supposed to come with the territory and besides.....I have *EARNED* it!
I hear what your saying, but with todays facebook generation, I don't think you can expect much respect.
In answer to your question, no-one came to my house yesterday. I spent most of it with Mum & Dad; quiet lunchtime meal. I got no presents to speak of (although promised some money to my Deus II next year). I have 2 XMas cards. No decorations up.
It's a very similar event on my Birthday.
My Sis & Bro are of a similar mind, that it's just not that important. I'm not sad about any of it.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds !

Not that I don't enjoy hunting with other people but ...
Over the years I've done over 95% of my hunts alone.
It really allows you to concentrate on what your doing.
Thanks.
The hunting, with my constant partner? Is fine by me. Its the rest of my life that's the problem.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear what your saying, but with todays facebook generation, I don't think you can expect much respect.
In answer to your question, no-one came to my house yesterday. I spent most of it with Mum & Dad; quiet lunchtime meal. I got no presents to speak of (although promised some money to my Deus II next year). I have 2 XMas cards. No decorations up.
It's a very similar event on my Birthday.
My Sis & Bro are of a similar mind, that it's just not that important. I'm not sad about any of it.
I have one member of my family left, (brother). Haven't heard hide nor hair from him in better than a decade.
I have 5 of my own, 10 grand and 5 greats. I don't have any "friends" that are alive. I only have acquaintances now. Screen names, and persons of convenience only.

As far as those questions I asked? My answer, *none* of the above.

My problem nobody else's. I used to be able to do a lot of things! Handling the inherent disrespect of my situation used to be one of those things. I'm just worn out and seeing the finish line. So...what will I do about it? Get online and bare my soul? Try to elicit sympathy/empathy? The answer to that, is a flat no.

In a weak moment, it overtook, overwhelmed. Now, its over! Back to the frivolities, the walks, the clad and bucket lister exit finds.

Thanks for the "ear" and attempting to understand.

Back to work....

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas and happy new year! Nice finds, if I could I'd be stumbling around those corn fields also. Nice ring, 241?? Must be 921 your eyes must be getting bad?

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well happy new year Whadi, glad you got out. Keep going in the direction your feet point and good luck in 2022

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When one is completely alone on Christmas Eve, what to do?

I'm used to being alone, don't expect it to change. So....what to do? Why......go for a walk, of course!
View attachment 1998481

View attachment 1998482
View attachment 1998483

Not too terrible a way to spend a day. But....loses a bit....when one considers, its Christmas Eve. Having trouble differentiating this from any old day of the year. :dontknow:

At least I got a ring. The Claddagh is silver, I believe. Its marked 241 though?

I have another puzzlement too. What the heck are all those modern coins doing in the middle of a cornfield!!?? :icon_scratch:
Merry Christmas Eve.

Thanks for peeking!
sweet ring, love that silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread