Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When one is completely alone on Christmas Eve, what to do?

I'm used to being alone, don't expect it to change. So....what to do? Why......go for a walk, of course!
1224211416~2.jpg

1224211647~2.jpg

1224211648~2.jpg

Not too terrible a way to spend a day. But....loses a bit....when one considers, its Christmas Eve. Having trouble differentiating this from any old day of the year. :dontknow:

At least I got a ring. The Claddagh is silver, I believe. Its marked 241 though?

I have another puzzlement too. What the heck are all those modern coins doing in the middle of a cornfield!!?? :icon_scratch:
Merry Christmas Eve.

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 36

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

I'm used to being alone, don't expect it to change. So....what to do? Why......go for a walk, of course!
View attachment 1998481

View attachment 1998482
View attachment 1998483

Not too terrible a way to spend a day. But....loses a bit....when one considers, its Christmas Eve. Having trouble differentiating this from any old day of the year. :dontknow:

At least I got a ring. The Claddagh is silver, I believe. Its marked 241 though?

I have another puzzlement too. What the heck are all those modern coins doing in the middle of a cornfield!!?? :icon_scratch:
Merry Christmas Eve.

Thanks for peeking!
Great finds WIF. You can tell you’re working hard by the carrot finder being worn. Good job buddy.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1998481

View attachment 1998482
View attachment 1998483

Merry Christmas Eve.

Thanks for peeking!
Very nice!!! Congrats!!!

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool ring, you're not completely alone I mean I know it's not the same as having someone physically there but the TNet crew is here. I also have a terrible time being social and my mind blanks so I often don't have people around so I kind of get the feeling.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool ring, you're not completely alone I mean I know it's not the same as having someone physically there but the TNet crew is here. I also have a terrible time being social and my mind blanks so I often don't have people around so I kind of get the feeling.
What JVA5th said!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice claddagh ring and us here at TNET are here Whadi, Merry Christmas friend sometimes being alone at the holidays can be the best gift, it just depends on the family. LOL but I'm a bit of an introvert so alone time for me is a blessing.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel alone even when I'm around people. Good finds, I like that 20 Pence piece

WIF,I,m accustomed to being alone even in the midst of people.I,m one of Robert Services "Men that don,t fit in" I reckon.Looks like you got it taken care of.Nice finds,but I want to know if old "Ted" got elected? Merry Christmas,you,re not as alone as you think.

Nice claddagh ring and us here at TNET are here Whadi, Merry Christmas friend sometimes being alone at the holidays can be the best gift, it just depends on the family. LOL but I'm a bit of an introvert so alone time for me is a blessing.
Thanks for the encouragement folks!

But....Johnny Cash said it best.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I look at it.
I used to go fishing alone. I started (10 years) detecting on my own, until Cru'dad joined me.
For me Xmas is for the kids, I have no issues on my own.
There is only a problem with that if you make it yourself.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
WIF,I,m accustomed to being alone even in the midst of people.I,m one of Robert Services "Men that don,t fit in" I reckon.Looks like you got it taken care of.Nice finds,but I want to know if old "Ted" got elected? Merry Christmas,you,re not as alone as you think.

I know that tune...

The Men that Don't Fit In​

by Robert W. Service

There's A race of men that don't fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will. They range the field and they rove the flood, And they climb the mountain's crest; Theirs is the curse of the gypsy blood, And they don't know how to rest. If they just went straight they might go far, They are strong and brave and true; But they're always tired of the things that are, And they want the strange and new. They say: "Could I find my proper groove, What a deep mark I would make!" So they chop and change, and each fresh move Is only a fresh mistake. And each forgets, as he strips and runs With a brilliant, fitful pace, It's the steady, quiet, plodding ones Who win in the lifelong race. And each forgets that his youth has fled, Forgets that his prime is past, Till he stands one day, with a hope that's dead, In the glare of the truth at last. He has failed, he has failed; he has missed his chance; He has just done things by half. Life's been a jolly good joke on him, And now is the time to laugh. Ha, ha! He is one of the Legion Lost; He was never meant to win; He's a rolling stone, and it's bred in the bone; He's a man who won't fit in.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your new detector (friend) has been showing you kindest of late.
Once again with a tad of silver-what silver it is-well done one the ring.
So many coins in a corn field-that's a special spot for sure.
Merry Christmas WHADI

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would venture to say that loners, oddballs, hermits, & eccentrics exist in a higher percentage among treasure hunters than in the general population.
True,most true.It,s the curiosity,what,s over the next hill,around the next bend,I wonder who traveled that path and why.Not everyone has that and that,s OK.But to those who do it,s a never ending quest.Glad I got it,my Grandfather had it and that,s where I got it. The metal detector is just a tool,to be used in the hunt for the next adventure!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions