what town in new jersey do you live in ?

hello everybody.im in north arlington. anybody in bergen county that could offer any good locations? My wife and i are buying a Garret Ace 250 and would love to find out where theres some good revolutionary war sites or civil war locations

South Bound Brook NJ and still lookin for a cache of weapons from the battle of Bound Brook Rev-war....

Attachments

• P8110581.JPG
    P8110581.JPG
    499 KB · Views: 482
hey how u doing im in somerdale, but would like some info about hunting in barrens but am new to area. I do pretty much field woods hunting. Well we have place down in wildwood crest and wife and kids would b there everyday if they could. So am trying beach hunting just because, would much rather b in field or woods for the old stuff love the history of it. email me sometime maybe we can get togather for a hunt. mark

chark21798 said:
hey how u doing im in somerdale, but would like some info about hunting in barrens but am new to area. I do pretty much field woods hunting. Well we have place down in wildwood crest and wife and kids would b there everyday if they could. So am trying beach hunting just because, would much rather b in field or woods for the old stuff love the history of it. email me sometime maybe we can get togather for a hunt. mark

Keep in mind that metal detecting is prohibited in the NJ State Forests without a permit. There are plenty of great sites right in your own area. Just look for old wooded sites and fields. I found plenty of colonial finds in well developed suburban areas. Some of your neighboring towns and municipalities were founded prior to 1700.

Selah said:
Toms River NJ
looking for diehard MD buddy

I was out in your area today seeing some clients. As I drove around, I spotted some sites with great potential. Why don't you share a little info about yourself; type of detector, years of experience, what type of detecting are you into (jewelry, coins, relics, etc.).

Born and raised in Clifton, NJ now live in Rockaway, N.J. Got out of MD'ing about 10 years ago, just getting back into it. Like to hit the beach at Belmar have a summer place down there. Would like to find a partner to do some detecting with.

spartacus53 said:
Whiting, NJ.. Neil, I think I saw you on route 36 yesterday :laughing9:

That would be great, but I don't even know where that is! Besides, it was just too hot...I will look at the map and if it looks promising you may see me there tomorrow!

Sorry for "raising the dead" but I didnt see much harm in a topic like this...

Anyway, I live in Paulsboro. Grew up in EHT. Nice to see so many South Jersey folks on here. Happy hunting.

Where do you hunt most, jerseyben?

JerseyMD said:

I hunt with user "RMac1721" from Sewell. So far we have hit a bunch of sites in Atlantic County (mostly in county parks). I have hit a few parks near Paulsboro (and my own backyard). We also hit a private residence in Westville. I'm planning a trip to NC in early Spring which I am sure will yield some nice finds.

jerseyben said:
JerseyMD said:

I hunt with user "RMac1721" from Sewell. So far we have hit a bunch of sites in Atlantic County (mostly in county parks). I have hit a few parks near Paulsboro (and my own backyard). We also hit a private residence in Westville. I'm planning a trip to NC in early Spring which I am sure will yield some nice finds.

Cool, I hunt mostly beaches. Good luck!

Guys- Jersey is filthy rich in history. And even more with lost targets. If you want to find something. Go where you think you aren't going to find something. In the last two years I have absolutely slaughtered south jersey. The only place I don't bother to hit is the beach. It's to big with to few targets. Every road through the woods started as a carraige or horse trail. You can almost throw a dart at the NJ map and nail a hot spot. Think out of the box. In your mind live as the colonist did. THINK!!! There is NO reason anyone close to Route 9 can not do well. Unless you need to get a DFX. Then that'll explain it!
Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back