what town in new jersey do you live in ?

Mineo26

Apr 15, 2010
New Jersey
hello everybody.im in north arlington. anybody in bergen county that could offer any good locations? My wife and i are buying a Garret Ace 250 and would love to find out where theres some good revolutionary war sites or civil war locations

Dec 26, 2006
jersey
Detector(s) used
MXT
South Bound Brook NJ and still lookin for a cache of weapons from the battle of Bound Brook Rev-war....

Attachments

• P8110581.JPG
    P8110581.JPG
    499 KB · Views: 481

chark21798

Dec 6, 2004
SOUTH JERSEY
Detector(s) used
explorer/ wot coil
hey how u doing im in somerdale, but would like some info about hunting in barrens but am new to area. I do pretty much field woods hunting. Well we have place down in wildwood crest and wife and kids would b there everyday if they could. So am trying beach hunting just because, would much rather b in field or woods for the old stuff love the history of it. email me sometime maybe we can get togather for a hunt. mark

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
chark21798 said:
hey how u doing im in somerdale, but would like some info about hunting in barrens but am new to area. I do pretty much field woods hunting. Well we have place down in wildwood crest and wife and kids would b there everyday if they could. So am trying beach hunting just because, would much rather b in field or woods for the old stuff love the history of it. email me sometime maybe we can get togather for a hunt. mark

Keep in mind that metal detecting is prohibited in the NJ State Forests without a permit. There are plenty of great sites right in your own area. Just look for old wooded sites and fields. I found plenty of colonial finds in well developed suburban areas. Some of your neighboring towns and municipalities were founded prior to 1700.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Selah said:
Toms River NJ
looking for diehard MD buddy

I was out in your area today seeing some clients. As I drove around, I spotted some sites with great potential. Why don't you share a little info about yourself; type of detector, years of experience, what type of detecting are you into (jewelry, coins, relics, etc.).

eagleeye299

Greenie
Jun 29, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Excalibur
Born and raised in Clifton, NJ now live in Rockaway, N.J. Got out of MD'ing about 10 years ago, just getting back into it. Like to hit the beach at Belmar have a summer place down there. Would like to find a partner to do some detecting with.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
spartacus53 said:
Whiting, NJ.. Neil, I think I saw you on route 36 yesterday :laughing9:

That would be great, but I don't even know where that is! Besides, it was just too hot...I will look at the map and if it looks promising you may see me there tomorrow!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for "raising the dead" but I didnt see much harm in a topic like this...

Anyway, I live in Paulsboro. Grew up in EHT. Nice to see so many South Jersey folks on here. Happy hunting.

JerseyMD

Greenie
Jul 31, 2010
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign - Minelab SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do you hunt most, jerseyben?

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
JerseyMD said:

I hunt with user "RMac1721" from Sewell. So far we have hit a bunch of sites in Atlantic County (mostly in county parks). I have hit a few parks near Paulsboro (and my own backyard). We also hit a private residence in Westville. I'm planning a trip to NC in early Spring which I am sure will yield some nice finds.

JerseyMD

Greenie
Jul 31, 2010
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign - Minelab SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jerseyben said:
JerseyMD said:

I hunt with user "RMac1721" from Sewell. So far we have hit a bunch of sites in Atlantic County (mostly in county parks). I have hit a few parks near Paulsboro (and my own backyard). We also hit a private residence in Westville. I'm planning a trip to NC in early Spring which I am sure will yield some nice finds.

Cool, I hunt mostly beaches. Good luck!

tr snyper

Dec 29, 2008
Guys- Jersey is filthy rich in history. And even more with lost targets. If you want to find something. Go where you think you aren't going to find something. In the last two years I have absolutely slaughtered south jersey. The only place I don't bother to hit is the beach. It's to big with to few targets. Every road through the woods started as a carraige or horse trail. You can almost throw a dart at the NJ map and nail a hot spot. Think out of the box. In your mind live as the colonist did. THINK!!! There is NO reason anyone close to Route 9 can not do well. Unless you need to get a DFX. Then that'll explain it!
Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread