What's new

What type of Detector do you use?

Hmmm...started with a White's 3000 Di coinmaster back in 80 something....went to a White"s 6000Di Pro, sold it bought a word processor..(I was gonna be a great writer, Ha!)

Turned around and bought a White's 6000 series 3 and end of last year bought the DFX.

I do have to agree with Silver Fox on his attitude....simplicity and lightweight. I don't like the DFX because of the learning curve. I liked the turn on and go ease of the 6000Di pro...wish I had got another one of those instead but with arthritis setting in my hands...I needed lighter weight.

Still have the 3000 and 6000 collecting dust. Trying to cut thru the Dfx learning curve. I'll get it eventually.
Al
 
EX2, F-75,CZ7a pro, Infinium LS Dirt
Excal 1000, 800 & Infinium LS water
 
Started out with a Compass Magnum in the 80"s and used that till it gave out around 10 years ago.
Been using a Fisher 1266X since then and love it, but I can definitely see myself in a new model by the fall.
 
First detector owned was a whites 4900di pro, then went to whites IDX then to whites Quantum XT and now I am a faithful Tesoro user I use the Deleon for everything and will continue untill Tesoro comes out with something new that gets my attention. Tesoro Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Minelab Sovereign XS-2; It's all in the tones baby! :thumbsup:
 
Hi. I'm apparently the new guy here. We use a Fisher Goldbug II, just getting started with it...

OBG
 
nother nubie here, titan 3000xd. Seems to work pretty good, I've pulled a bunch of stuff outa the ground cause of it and a lot of it was good stuff. Next machine is gonna be a water unit, thinking of the SeaHunter Mark ll at this point. I just ain't got the bucks for an excal. :'(
 
I use my one and only Tesoro Silver U max...thanks to the good people here who praised it so much!! its a little monster!! coins have no where to hide!! ;D
 
old and worn out. but still pickin' it up! no darn gold coins yet. where are they?
 
for this area best all around machine is the 6000 xl pro tried most machines and so far its done the best for me. like someone said though to each his own we all have a unit we think is the best. think 99% of that is the operator. machine is only as good as the person using it.
 

Attachments

  • 6000ProXL.webp
    6000ProXL.webp
    6 KB · Views: 225
Started with the Whites 6000 Coinshooter, back in the 80s - worked well.
Then tried an OLD Minelab Sovereign - - LOTS of power, but no target ID.
Then the Minelab 30 - - pretty much can't live without the target ID
once you get used to it. The X-30 is light-weight too.
Ended up with the White's MXT.
Here in California we sometimes have the opportunity to look for gold.
I was considering the Minelab 70 for that, but you need a different coil.
With the MXT you simply toggle a switch, and bada-boom, you're in
prospecting mode. Target ID on the MXT is fantastic. Good depth
and discrimination. Easy to read display. Why monkey around with
cheap machines when you are spending all that time in the field?
 
I started out in the early 80's with a cheap Radio Shack, the bought a Bounty Hunter, that I have used pretty much ever since. I have owned most brands at one time or another. I now have 2 Bounty Hunters and a Cobra II. I use the Cobra II mostly for prospecting and relic hunting, as it is a higher frequency detector. It is basically a Treasure Baron, built for Kellyco. I have been loking at the new models though, and may buy one when I decide what I want.
 
A rabid fan of Big Blue Analog boxes. White's Coinmaster 5500/D Series 3 and just found a deal on a 5000/D Series 2. I've had a few digital units (as I'm sure those who read my diatribe on them know...) but just can't fall in love with 'em unless I can afford $800-$1200.
 
Stated out with a BH Quick Draw II, Then got a White's IDX Pro. Still have it for a backup to the XLT. Tim
 
I got a Explorer II,,,a old 6000 dipro white's...a old Golden Sabre...a Fisher 1280x...and a Seahunter by Garrett,,With my job, i had them all on hold for awhile,,i am just working with the Explorer,,,I did great with my old 6000Dipro,,the others are gathering dust ,,maybe one day,,will sell them,,, ???,,,,,,,,,HH....Tim
 
Does anyone remember the Whites Liberty 2? It worked until a couple of years ago. Well that was my first detector in 1985. Now I own a Fisher CZ5 and Cibola but looking to purchase another soon. Its amazing how far detectors have progressed over the years.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom