What's new

What vehicle do you use for metal detecting?

Toyota RAV4 4x4; but I don't use it for metal detecting. I use my Fisher F-75 for that.
 
My summer car is a 2012 Chrysler 300C and my winter car is a 2001 Nissan Sentra which I've had since new.
 
I am currently on a fossil hunting, metal detecting trip and am in my off road camper. 1985 Blazer with Four Wheel Camper. Retired so go home when I want. After a lifetime of hard work I am enjoying retirement.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    852.3 KB · Views: 99
2011 Ford Ranger 4X4100_1426.webp
 
Workin on it!

Saw this in Denver as I went to go look at some used warehouse shelves to maybe buy. My F150 300ci six just keeps on going. This is it today in Creede Colorado
 

Attachments

  • ford bus 1938.webp
    ford bus 1938.webp
    210.1 KB · Views: 111
  • my ford 150.webp
    my ford 150.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
My baby, 2003 5.4L Ford Expedition

image-3808442166.webp
 
image-1432219734.webp

I usually roll up to a site with my clown car
 
I usually get it in the first scoop, and I get a bit more depth this way. :laughing7:

SS
 

Attachments

  • Dancing-digger_1697459b.webp
    Dancing-digger_1697459b.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 82
Since I like to hunt the water as well as land...Check it out.

 

Attachments

  • watercar-panther-amphibious-jeep-acura-jet-boat-water-fun-35.webp
    watercar-panther-amphibious-jeep-acura-jet-boat-water-fun-35.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 95
This was my son's first car that I bought for him in high school. It is a 1995 Toyota Tercel. It lasted him all through college, and served him well all the way up thru May 2012 when he purchased a brand new VW sedan. He then sold it to my sister, who had a bunch of work done to it, but only got the chance to drive it 400 miles, as in June, 2012 a direncho storm blew through the area causing an extreme amount of damage. One of the casualties was the car. But, even though it was totaled as you can see in the photos, I just couldn't let it go to the junk yard! Here are a series of photos from the beginning ,leading up to the almost-completed project .. My "New TerUck" run about / relic wagon: -
series1_zps6be15a69.jpg
-
series2_zps183eff38.jpg
-
series3_zpsc7622a67.jpg
-
series4_zps408a5b85.jpg
-
series5_zpse95cf9d9.jpg
-
series6_zps00d2fd91.jpg
-
MyTerUck_zps41ef794b.jpg
-
MyTerUck2_zps1701e7a7.jpg
-
MyTerUck3_zps82ed650b.jpg
-
MyTerUck4_zps07c2a2b7.jpg
-
MyTerUck5_zps80489cf7.jpg
 
1000140_10201546778894858_1663589245_n.webp 86 econoline, goes everywhere!
 
With this pushing........
001_1.webp
This to nearly 500hp & as much ft lbs of torque.....
001.webp 003.webp

Combined with this 21ft southern skimmer,I attack land & sea:skullflag:
005.webp008.webp
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:
 
A truck, my 0-60 :tongue3: on pump fuel I'm over 500 hp and over 550 torque. No chip or aftermarket upgrades YET. I have a smaller supercharger pulley to go on but haven't been able to find time to do it.
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT Z71 4x4. I was only gonna keep it for a couple of years, but I kinda like it. When I'm in this, I'm unstoppable, except for law enforcement and physics, of course. Pic taken in Utah canyonlands on Mineral Bottom Rd. Chevy should pay me for the PR.9-26e.webp
 
OK, here's how I work it. I drive in as close as I can get and park it and use it for a base camp while hunting a cache. I also can tow the dune buggy, but would like to get a Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle. They are practically unstoppable, can clime 60 degree slopes and go over logs, plus they can carry or tow 1000 pounds. Got to wait till I find my next cache for that. My base camp vehicle has 4 wheel drive and 305 Diesel HP. Frank...View attachment 865896View attachment 865897
Frank... I will sell you my ROKON if you want it. It is a '72 (I think). Brand new carb. Must replace the Throttle/handle assembly but still runs great. PM me for the price/details. I WILL NOT sell to anyone else at the price I am thinking. Only you. Can you still do the PULL START ? TTC
 
My vehicle used to be a 74 International Harvester ScoutII. It got me everywhere I wanted to go in Colorado and Arizona. Put it in 4 low and have some patience and you could go anywhere. It eventually blew the engine, a jeep straight 6 258 on the way back to Mesa from the Bradshaw Mts one day and I sold it off. I wish I would have kept it and rebuilt the engine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom