What was this made for?

Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was recovered on November, 7th 2019 in Ellisville, Mississippi using a White's MXT Pro, and I do not have a clue what it would have been attached to nor am I sure what the engraving says. So I am counting on the Treasure Net Collective to educate me.

DSCF4360.JPG
DSCF4368.JPG
DSCF4359.JPG

DSCF4376.JPG

DSCF4375.JPG

I have no clue as to why some of my pictures were rotated when I loaded them here.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gun furniture - decorative piece added to the stock of a musket. - That’s my guess.

yeah I was thinking along these line or possibly to an actual piece of furniture or jewelry box or something like that. Those prongs look like they were smacked into wood rather then leather. Could be wrong though

Upvote 0

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find!! It's old, being concave means that it would fit on something with a rounded surface.

Upvote 0

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, whatever it is!Firearm thumb piece makes sense to me. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have no clue as to why some of my pictures were rotated when I loaded them here.

WTH, I've only seen this issue when people are loading very large
image files.

It is easy to reduce an images size using PAINT. I selected
one of your images that was 2.25MG, and reduced it by
80%, and only 287kb. If you expand both to max size
you'll see the 287kb image is more than sufficient.

Full sized (2.26MG): DSCF4359.JPG

Reduced to 287kb: DSCF4359 m.jpg

There is an adjustable setting on your camera for the image size. I believe yours is set
to a larger setting, making for very large file sizes and huge images. Images would
post better (correct side up) if you reset that to something along the lines of 1000x800
(or thereabouts). Images would still be plenty big for internet use without any degrading
of the image, and they would load and post much faster.

Looked up your camera, and they use a different reference for image sizes,
but I would think any of the 24x sizes would be sufficient.

https://www.fujifilm.com/support/di...pdf/index/s/finepix_s3200-s4000_manual_en.pdf

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Wannabe Treasure Hunter
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTH, I've only seen this issue when people are loading very large
image files.

It is easy to reduce an images size using PAINT. I selected
one of your images that was 2.25MG, and reduced it by
80%, and only 287kb. If you expand both to max size
you'll see the 287kb image is more than sufficient.

Full sized (2.26MG): View attachment 1769537

Reduced to 287kb: View attachment 1769538

There is an adjustable setting on your camera for the image size. I believe yours is set
to a larger setting, making for very large file sizes and huge images. Images would
post better (correct side up) if you reset that to something along the lines of 1000x800
(or thereabouts). Images would still be plenty big for internet use without any degrading
of the image, and they would load and post much faster.

Looked up your camera, and they use a different reference for image sizes,
but I would think any of the 24x sizes would be sufficient.

https://www.fujifilm.com/support/di...pdf/index/s/finepix_s3200-s4000_manual_en.pdf

Thanks for the info. This is the only place I have had this problem and all of the pictures of my finds in this post were taken with the same settings, but only the vertical ones (3216 x 4288) were rotated when uploaded here, while the horizontal (4288 x 3216) ones posted just as I had uploaded them. I use that camera to take all kinds of photos, and the only setting I change is when I am shooting Macro shots, otherwise the settings are the same. It is good to know that I all I will need to do if I have this problem again, is change the file size of the problematic photo(s).

Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like Charlie's suggestion, but my first thought was a saddle button/decoration. :icon_scratch:

Dave

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like Charlie's suggestion, but my first thought was a saddle button/decoration. :icon_scratch:

Dave
Me too. I don't think they would be slightly bent at the ends if it went into wood. However, I have never seen such large prongs before, odd.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread