What's new

What Would You Call This One?

RPG

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
I found this one about 25 years ago and never figured out what type it is. I know you guys can put a name on it. Thanks for the help.
Randy

Bumping this one up for the new guys on the forum.
 

Attachments

  • what4.webp
    what4.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 588
  • what5.webp
    what5.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It could be a Candy Creek if no grinding is present.
 
Welcome back RPG and Edmundruffin
 
Looks like a Wheeler point to me. They are a southern point type. That is a really nice find!
 
View attachment 913302JMO it is a transition piece between a clovis and a quad. Everything points to a Quad except the base nipple and it is big enough to make a channel flake. Read what the info says about grinding. JMO and like a nose everyone has one, it for sure is a great find:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
 
Looks like a heavily used quad or beaver lake it's a find of a lifetime !!! I'd vote banner IMHO ;)
 
A lot of non fluted points come from north Alabama tennessee area too
 
View attachment 913302JMO it is a transition piece between a clovis and a quad. Everything points to a Quad except the base nipple and it is big enough to make a channel flake. Read what the info says about grinding. JMO and like a nose everyone has one, it for sure is a great find:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Thanks for posting this monsterrack. This is the closest I've seen to my point. The one in the middle is almost identicle. Great article on the quad. After seeing this I can put this one to rest.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom