What's new

What would you do if you met your idol/hero unexpectedly?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Felinepeachy
  • Start date Start date

What would you do if you met your idol/hero unexpectedly?

  • I do nothing. Famous people are being harassed more than enough.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let the person know how much I admire/love what he or she does.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Become paralyzed like a deer in headlights

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just ask for an autograph.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scream like a teenager and let everyone know who this person is.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Throw myself to his/her feet, yelling "I'm not worthy.. I'm not worthy..."

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other......Please explain

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
F

Felinepeachy

Guest
Lets say you were walking down the street and you look up to see them walking towards you. :laughing7:
 
"I'm your number one fan"
 

Attachments

  • misery-kathy-bates-dvd-cover-art.webp
    misery-kathy-bates-dvd-cover-art.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 4,397
I'll kindly remind them how lucky hey are to be in my presence. Better yet, if I do talk with them, I would ask what they did for a living. Then I would say, "Good luck with that." :laughing7:
 
I'd tell them I fully understand their momentary drug and booze period.
I'd tell them I completely understand the whole fooling around on their spouse episode.
I'd tell them that I understand the rehab and jail time was a necessary part of getting their life back together.
But, I'd also warn them that if I ever caught them doing a reality TV spot I'd be done with their worthless butt! :laughing7:
 
bigscoop said:
I'd tell them I fully understand their momentary drug and booze period.
I'd tell them I completely understand the whole fooling around on their spouse episode.
I'd tell them that I understand the rehab and jail time was a necessary part of getting their life back together.
But, I'd also warn them that if I ever caught them doing a reality TV spot I'd be done with their worthless butt! :laughing7:
ditto Well said! If I may add .... But, I'd also warn them that if I ever caught them posing naked in a naughty girly magazine I'd be done with their fine looking butt!
 
The only person in my life deserving of "hero" status was my mother, and i met her quite a lot!

As for "Idol"?...Already met him...Billy Idol. He was braindead back then ('78) so God knows what he's like now! Kinda set the tone for me thinking of people with "Idol" status, lol.
The only person who could claim that status with me is probably David Bowie as he was the guy who's posters decorated my walls as a teen. Wouldn't know WTH to say to him though so i guess asking for an autograph to sell on later would have to suffice!

They don't gain "hero" or "idol" status with me, but i do like famous personalities who are not prima donna's and go out of their way to acknowledge their fanbase, and have a real "offstage" personality.
Of the current crop, Christian Slater and Johnny Depp impress me. Slater's a funny down to earth guy, and Depp has a habit of turning up at schools in London in his pirates of the caribbean mode to surprise fans whose letters he's recieved.
Saw Jon Bon Jovi help a guy propose to his girlfriend during a concert once. The guy just wrote a letter and mailed it to the fan club, probably knowing it was a waste of time. The club passed it on and Jon stopped the concert midway, found the couple in the huge crowd, asked the girl to marry the guy, then jumped down to shake his hand and give her a kiss when she said "yes".
Things like that impress me a lot, when so called "stars" go out of their way to do things that they don't have to.
I suppose there are lots who do similar things, but i haven't seen them or they don't spring to mind right now, but those types are closest to "hero/idol" i ever get.

Peachy is easy to spot in public. She has Italian blood, so she'll be the one walking backwards! (retreating) :laughing9: :tongue3:
 
All my heroes are dead, so I don't wanna be meeting any of them soon! 8)

Hey Dano, friend of mine used to do Bowies' lighting, for concerts, said the dude is perfectionist, but, so down to earth, a real, and real nice guy.
(not a Ziggy, like your "Idol"!) :laughing7:

Sorry, I didn't make it back to Tom Cruises' filming on the beach, I woulda got ya'll pic's from the front! LOL! :laughing7: That was weird how the Russian hottie actress, came right up to me. Coulda been my "cat call"?:icon_scratch:
 
I'd be Watching I don't cut myself
as I'd Probably be looking in a Mirror
& Shaving.

Seriously though,

I Have no Hero's or idols as far as I Know.

Nobody ever burst into a burning building
& saved my life, & most Famous people
are full of themselves.

However if I were walking &
saw somone in front of me,

if it was a Man,
I'd Nod & Mouth Hi !
as I walk By.

If it was a Good looking Girl
I'd Smile, Look her directly
in the eyes & say Hi !
& Hope for at least the same,
or a Conversation started by her.
as I stay on my path.

Only difference I'd turn at some point
to watch "Her" walk

Same as I always do for everyone.

Although if I were to Idolize anyones attitude ?
his character

frank__shameless.webp

I don't think I'll ever see "Frank"
walking down the street :laughing7:

Or

1304253919-34.webp
 
Dano Sverige said:
Peachy is easy to spot in public. She has Italian blood, so she'll be the one walking backwards! (retreating) :laughing9: :tongue3:

ROFLMAO, I'm Italian not French!
 
I'd salute but I would also warn against putting all of our military in one spot. :icon_thumleft:
 
probably drop in a faint, cuz Shakespeare & Jane Austin are dead. Live ones, I agree with Packer, I'd salute, but wouldn't give advice, they know better than me. my twin nephews went to Iraq & Afghanistan. the one went back to Afghan cuz he said the kids are so wonderful he feels he has to do more to help. so very proud of them.
 
Lol, that was sooooo sickly Packer mate! Did you type that with one hand on your heart? :tongue3:

Peachy sweetheart...the French surrender, it's the Italians who are known for retreating fast. Example:
Heard about the new Italian tank? ...It has 6 gears in reverse and one gear forward...in case the enemy attack from behind! :laughing9: :tongue3: :laughing9: (love ya babes :-* )

You a "shameless" fan then Jeff? lol. I come from a similar area of Manchester, where you could expect to bump into many Frank Gallagher's in the street everyday. :laughing9: (Manchester isn't ALL as bad as "shameless" portrays.)

Pat - Yeah i know Bowie's very down to earth. Very easy going and approachable (mostly) considering he's a musical superstar! Most Brit' stars are like that really. Anthony Hopkins, Emma Thompson, Helen Mirren, Sean Connery and many of the music stars. We do have Naomi Campbell though...so it's not a perfect score! lol.
 
Dano Sverige said:
You a "shameless" fan then Jeff? lol. I come from a similar area of Manchester, where you could expect to bump into many Frank Gallagher's in the street everyday. :laughing9: (Manchester isn't ALL as bad as "shameless" portrays.)

LOL I Love Shameless !
there are a couple Characters & the Scenes that
they have been in, That I don't Particularly
think I neded to see.

but then again the title is "Shameless"

Is there any subject they Havn't Tackled ? :D

I Could watch Drunk Frank Wizz on the
Electrical box 10 times in a row in Still Laugh :laughing7:
 
Dano Sverige said:
Sean Connery. We do have Naomi Campbell though...so it's not a perfect score! lol.

Sean Connery, you kidding me right? :icon_scratch:
Not unless he had a conversion or drowning, since he passed through the jet port a few years back! :icon_scratch:
N.C., ha, I have to laugh at some peoples fits and tantrums! :laughing7:
I guess, some just gotta have their days, though? :dontknow:
 
How would you like to "moderate" that show Jeff? :laughing9:

They show it on TV around lunchtime here in Sweden...Lunchtime for Gods sake! :o

I watch it to give me a reason to never leave Sweden due to homesickness! :laughing9:


(He's Scottish Pat, they're easily riled, but he's generally a very nice man lol)
 
Dano, I do have to say that ol' Winston C. is one of my favorite historical people.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom